I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for my first three nights of four in Glasgow. The last night I stayed at the Malmaison, which offered a better weekend rate.
This hotel is ideally located for shoppers in the UK. The best shopping district outside of London, although Edinburgh has it's share.
The photos say it all. A contempory hotel with a nice staff. Clean and nicely sized room although it is a bit of a squeeze for one of the bed partners. Close to the wall.
Unusual room design. A slight flaw is the amount of light that goes from the bath to the bedroom at night. The Europeon Radissons are a cut above the American and Australian ones in my opinion.
I thought about using the pool, but was intimidated by the gym/exercise room look. I think hotel pools should have a romantic feel.
I got great staff advice about Rogano's restaurant and the Chinese restaurant named Ho Wong. Loved both of them. A bit pricey with the Euro-dollar rate being what it is but I would eat at both of them again. An interesting note is that Scots seem to dress a bit more casual than the Brits when they eat out.
Since I missed a tour bus trip (stood in the wrong location), I got good advice from the staff about how to catch the same tour the next day. That worked out better because of the weather.
Regarding Glasgow and Edinburgh. Bring your portable umbrella. The weather changes every half hour. I am not kidding. It is unbelievable and I have traveled many places in the world. Take a look at a map and note how far north these cites are located.
The hotel is located on the edge of a district being rebuilt. Any USA city dweller will feel OK, but some people from smaller towns might feel a bit uneasy. That is how it is in most Europeon cities. These Scottish metros are not big cities. On Sunday the Glasgow subway doesn't run the first train until 11 AM. Weird.
I am a bit of a hotel buff, who places his own reservations on the web and this place deserves it's rank in Glasgow.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Trendy and sophisticated, Radisson Blu Glasgow is located in the heart of the culture-rich city. Shopping and popular attractions such as Kelvingrove Art Gallery, Riverside Museum and the SSE Hydro are all nearby. Each of the 238 elegant bedrooms and suites come with bathrobe and slippers, top-end toiletries and a mini bar. Enjoy the delectable and creative fare of Collage Restaurant offering a unique twist on the British Brassiere, then stop by the two on-site bars for perfectly poured cocktails, wine and beer. When you're not out exploring rejuvenate in the fitness and wellness facilities which include a swimming pool. The exceptional meeting facilities are some of the best in the city, boasting 15 meeting rooms hosting up to 800 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Rezidor, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Radisson Glasgow
- Glasgow Radisson
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow Scotland