“Breakfast”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow
Ranked #31 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed November 17, 2013

If your in Glasgow early and want a great breakfast the café at the front of Radisson is awesome, the best Eggs benedict is out of this world and the staff are so helpful and friendly.
I have been here before at night for seminars and Future Property Auctions and the food is good at night as well.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Victoriahowie, Assistant Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Hello ADWGlasgow,
Thanks for the excellent Tripadvisor review!
Our Atrium bar area is something we are particularly proud of in the hotel, I'm glad you enjoyed the Eggs Benedict!
Next time you're in Glasgow I hope we shall see you again.
Victoria

Write a ReviewReviews (3,107)

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I've worked in Glasgow on a weekly basis for 5 months, with the Radisson Blu being my preferred hotel. The hotel has always strived to accommodate for early check-ins and late check-outs. The staff are extremely friendly, and always show a personal touch, greeting with a big smile at reception, remembering my name and order at breakfast, leaving a bottle of still water in my room, and upgrading rooms when possible.

I would like to thank all the staff, in particular Carola, Amy & Paul at the front desk, and All the breakfast team (Alex & Paul in particular - the other names escape my memory), for making my stays a pleasure rather than a choir.

Rooms are nice, especially the suites - I'd recommend the queen beds opposed to the King Beds. Shower heads tend to have a mind of their own, but that's not going to put me off, water temperature and pressure was always more than adequate. Bathrooms and bedrooms were clean. Irons a bit outdated, but work nonetheless. Breakfast buffet is great, all you could want for breakfast, with eggs and omelettes made to order. Access to LA fitness gym downstairs free of charge.

I would highly recommend this hotel for anybody staying in Glagow.

Room Tip: Queen size bed, and stay away from the 5th floor!

Hi Lawson11213,
Thank you for the fantastic review! Of all the positive points you mentioned, needless to say the most rewarding to hear is the appraisal of the staff you encountered. Customer service is always the most important part of staying in a hotel and I'm happy to hear you found us first class in this department.
We hope to welcome you back again soon

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Staff were friendly. However, the first room had the shower controls dangling off the wall so asked for a change. Swiftly accommodated.

Room was depressing. A rectangle with brown walls (brown for heaven's sake) and the worst lighting I have ever come across in a hotel of this star rating.

When I came back from dinner reception area smelt of fresh puke. Not their fault but they really should have masked the smell.

Other central Glasgow hotels are better.

2  Thank expatmanc
Victoriahowie, Assistant Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Hi expatmanc,
We do offer 3 different styles of standard room at the hotel so next time you’re in maybe we can offer you something more to your liking

Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Excellent hotel. Spent 2 nights here whilst on a recent visit to Glasgow and from the moment you check in nothing is too much hassle to the very attentive staff. We had a room on the 4th floor and although the hotel was very busy we couldn't hear anything whilst in our room. When it comes to breakfast, the selection is huge! Something for everyone. Location is ideal, easy to find if driving and within walking distance from Glasgow Central Station.

• Stayed: November 2013
Victoriahowie, Assistant Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Hello MrMat86,
Next time you're in Glasgow I hope we shall see you again.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

This was my second stay in this hotel and I’ve been very impressed on both occasions. However, my stay this time exceeded expectations.
I was staying with friends for my birthday and arrived to find my room beautifully decorated with balloons, banners, a birthday cake and champagne and my gifts laid out.
The hotel had done this for my friends and had made a real effort. They also provided a complimentary bottle of prosecco and chocolates.
I found the staff in the hotel very helpful and friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The rooms are lovely and everything you need is provided.
I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Victoriahowie, Assistant Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Hello pickynic,
Thank you very much for the fantastic review. We are delighted to read that you had a great birthday weekend and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I stayed here last week with my partner. We used last minute as a surprise escape room and as a consequence got an excellent rate. The check in was efficient and friendly - we had arrived early but our room was already ready which as a bonus. The room itself was nice, although there was a pillar in the middle which blocked the view and light from the window somewhat. The bed was comfortable enough, though the pillows not the most comfortable. The room was spacious and immaculately clean. We didn't eat breakfast, so cannot comment on that, but the restaurant looked nice. Overall a good experience, right in the city centre (opposite the station!) and excellent value.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Nickinheaton,
Thanks for the tripadvisor review.
I'm glad to hear that we could contribute towards an enjoyable stay in Glasgow and we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Sadly lots of hotels these days don't keep their rooms warm prior to their
guests arriving. Radisson Blu is one them. More disappointingly was
their complete inability to provide a warm room despite being asked three times. They did acknowledge the problem and gave some financial recompense, but I do think having a warm room shouldn't be a hard ask.

Stayed: November 2013
4  Thank Michael M

Hi Michael M,
Thanks for the honest appraisal of your stay with us at the Radisson Blu Hotel Glasgow. We will ensure the heating is looked at by our Engineering department.I hope this experience will not detract you from choosing Radisson Blu and hope you will choose Radisson Blu in the future.