“Modern clean hotel”

Ranked #33 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Leland, North Carolina
“Modern clean hotel”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed here with a group in August 2013. The hotel staff is very helpful and friendly. The rooms are large and comfortable. The lobby bar is a great place to hang out. Our breakfasts were plentiful. Loved the location since it was so convenient to pubs, museums, and shopping.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Victoriahowie, Assistant Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Hello Andrea27265,
Thanks for the Tripadvisor review.
I'm glad to hear that we could contribute towards an excellent stay in Glasgow and I hope to welcome you back to Glasgow in the future
Victoria

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
  • Turkish first
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Hotel very modern. Conveniently located. Quiet. Staff professional, friendly and helpful. Room was lovely and was ready early. Clean, spacious and nice decor. Picture missing above bed. Shower water pressure pretty poor. View from our window wasn't great. Comfortable bed. Breakfast was excellent and really appreciated the fact it was on until noon (nice long lie!) Lots of choice including vegetarian options and all ethical (e.g. free range and fair trade).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Donna U
Hi Donna U,
Thanks for the Tripadvisor review!
Our breakfast offering is something we are particularly proud of in the hotel, I'm glad you enjoyed the variety.
Next time you're in Glasgow I hope we shall see you again.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We visited this hotel as part of a 5pm.co.uk deal and we can have no complaints at all. We would have been happy paying full price, the hotel was that good. We did upgrade our room and were more than happy with what we got.
We ate in the hotels Collage resturant and found the food to be fantastic with table service to match. Following our meal we retired to the lobby bar for a coffee and found the atmosphere there to be welcoming and enjoyable. The hotel is ideally positioned for getting about the city centre, a stones throw from Central and Queen Street stations and the main shopping centres. Will definately stay here again. Highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2013
Hi Rixter5,
Thanks for the excellent trip advisor review.
I'm glad to hear that we could contribute towards an excellent stay in Glasgow and I hope to see you again soon!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Pros:
- Super friendly staff who let me check in at 10am as I arrived really early
- A lovely tray of different berries and a large bottle of water had been put in my room when I got back from work
- Loads of choice at breakfast.
- A complimentary apple came with my meal when I ordered room service (I like small touches like this!)
- It took me about 2 minutes to walk to the hotel after getting off my train, very close!
- The room was big and felt very light
- Nice big fluffy towel
- Ipod dock in room

Cons:
- The bed sheet had a few small tears in it
- the windows were filthy. I'm not just talking about a few spots of dirt, they were caked it in and obviously hadn't been washed in a really long time (see pic) I was in room 665 so perhaps it's harder to reach them at this height.
- I was woken by a really loud squeaking/screeching sound at around 3am which went on for about half an hour. No idea what it was.
- The remote control didn't work for the TV
- The toilet hadn't been cleaned properly and it was dirty underneath the seat
- The drain was blocked in the bath so I was standing in a pool of water which didn't drain when I had a shower

I was put up here by my company when working in Glasgow so didn't mind any of these things too much as I was only staying one night and wasn't paying for it myself, However if I'd have been paying myself I think I would have been disappointed (not sure how much it is but I'm guessing not all that cheap). I've stayed in 5 star hotels before and although there were some lovely touches like the berries brought to the room I really felt it let itself down with real loack of attention to detail. There's no way a proper 5* hotel wouldn't have clean windows or a working remote with the TV or be putting torn sheets on the bed. I'd say this is a 4 star hotel at most. I did read that in their leaflet in the room that if you weren't happy with anything then to let them know and if they couldn't fix it then you didn't pay so I guess that redeems it a little and perhaps if I'd have been staying longer or paying myself I would have done this.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank quirquito
Victoriahowie, Assistant Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Hello quirquito,
Thanks for the honest appraisal of your stay with us at the Radisson Blu Hotel Glasgow.
It sounds like we could have provided a higher level of service during your visit.I hope this experience will not detract you from choosing Radisson Blu and hope you will choose Radisson Blu in the future.
Pretoria, Gauteng
Reviewed September 2, 2013

As part of a tour group I have recently stayed at the Radisson Blu, Glasgow for two nights. It is a modern hotel with friendly and helpful front desk staff. The room is big enough to feel comfotable in. The hotel serves a scrumptious buffet breakfast with a good variety of food choices. Wi-fi was easily accessible and there is also free internet in the foyer.The location of the hotel is in the city centre within walking distance to the train station, the airport and other shops. I have enjoyed my stay at the Radisson and will recommend it to to others. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Suzume
Victoriahowie, Assistant Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Hello Suzume,
Thank you for the great Tripadvisor review
we hope to welcome you back to Glasgow soon
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed September 1, 2013

May be it’s because of a lack of competition at the top of the market in central Glasgow but the Radisson Blu in no way fulfilled my expectations of a five-star hotel. One could quibble about the somewhat run-down furniture in the rooms, a bath with chipped enamel or the quality of the house keeping (some dusty surfaces and an obvious hair that wasn’t mine). However, the noise levels in the hotel are simply not what one expects when choosing a hotel in this price category..

I was unlucky enough to be trying to get to sleep early on an evening when an “engagement party” was rocking the premises. Already unable to open the window because of the noisy ventilation systems outside, the dance music (some five floors lower down) sent vibrations through the building.

The people at the front desk, though friendly, were rather helpless in the face of the problem and asked if I would like them to ask the band “to turn down the bass” to which I replied that I hadn’t chosen such a hotel in order to have to advise them how to deal with the issue.

After traipsing (in vain) through the building viewing various rooms to see if a “quite” one could be found, I regret not sticking to my original intention of checking out and going somewhere else.

When leaving the hotel the next morning I was struck by the Radisson “100% Guest Satisfaction Guarantee” notice on the reception counter and pointed out that I was in no respect happy or satisfied with my experience in the hotel. The extremely friendly member of staff did apologise but that was that. I can only come to the conclusion that the Radisson group takes the offer of a “satisfaction guarantee” as seriously as it does the well-being of its guests. I appreciate that the hotel has to make its money somehow - in Glasgow that is certainly not by offering the level of comfort one would expect from a supposedly top-range hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank McBerlin
Victoriahowie, Assistant Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thank you for the review.
David Allan our General Manager will be in touch with you directly
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Stayed at this Hotel following a tour of Scotland and I must say I was impressed with a good modern hotel with all the conveniences. Room was large, bed comfortable and a good sized bathroom. Staff are very polite and professional with the hotel's location making it a good base to visit Glasgow's sites. Two minor negatives though. The room's floors aren't carpeted which I thought was unusual for a 5 star hotel. Secondly I asked for a wake up call for one morning which never came through. Not good if you have to get up and catch a train in the morning. Apart from this I did enjoy my stay and I would recommend the Hotel to others.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Victoriahowie, Radisson Blu Glasgow at Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Hello Travel_Russ_20,
I'm glad to hear that on the whole you enjoyed your stay in Glasgow.
We do offer 3 different styles of standard room at the hotel so next time we can allocate a room with carpetted floors which may be more to your liking
I will pass on the feedback regarding the wake up call and ensure this issue does not happen again