“Excellent”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow
Ranked #29 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I stayed there for the weekend and I thought that it was excellent on all counts, staff were very friendly and extremely helpful, the rooms were spacious, well maintained and furnished to a high spec. The location was excellent for all amenities in Glasgow.
Would definitely recommend and would go again and stay without question.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Vinster1969
Victoriahowie, Assistant Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Hello Vinster1969,
Thank you for the fantastic review! Of all the positive points you mentioned, needless to say the most rewarding to hear is the appraisal of the staff you encountered. Customer service is always the most important part of staying in a hotel and I'm happy to hear you found us first class in this department.
We hope that we can welcome you back to The Radisson Blu Glasgow, in the future.
Best Regards,
Victoria

Write a ReviewReviews (3,106)

Reviewed April 28, 2013

My partner and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights, on a Saturday and Sunday. It was excellent.
When we arrived the hotel was extremely busy, however the very friendly concierge assisted us and took our bags to our room whilst we were checking in.

Once we got to our room, it was very modern, clean and warm.

Glasgow itself was ok, been lots of times so cannot really comment. Hotel was excellent though and I would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steven D
Victoriahowie, Assistant Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Hello Steven D,
Thanks for the excellent trip advisor review.

I'm glad to hear that we could contribute towards an excellent stay in Glasgow and I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Hotel nice and central and within easy walking distance of the shops, our room was ok although I did find it rather dark, not much natural light. If we were to go back I think I would request a street view room. Nice breakfast served each morning and staff friendly.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Hi MMSimpson,

Thanks for the review.

I'm glad to hear that on the whole you enjoyed your stay and that breakfast was a highlight.
We do offer 3 different styles of standard room at the hotel so next time you’re in maybe we can offer you something more to your liking.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Always return to stay here when in town.
The team are always welcoming and friendly, the rooms are always great.
Breakfast is always a highlight with good choice of Scottish food and standard fare.
Location is perfect being beside central station.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Hello mgw911,
Thanks for the excellent Tripadvisor review!

Our breakfast offering is something we are particularly proud of in the hotel, I'm glad you enjoyed the setting.

Next time you're in Glasgow I hope we shall see you again.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Stayed one night at the end of a trip around Scotland.Lovely hotel, really helpful staff. didn't open one door for myself! Like the glass lifts which are programmed to come according to your floor. Neat. Had a room service meal for dinner which was excellent. Breakfast was served inthe Collage restaurant. Also excellent with a great choice.
Glasgow tour bus stops right outside and the station is a 2 minute walk away.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello theduchess64,
Next time you're in Glasgow I hope we shall see you again.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Stayed for one night between meetings. Initially I was shown to a room overlooking the street. Despite the double glazing it was quite noisy so I asked to be moved. The staff were very helpful and a very pleasant guy turned up to help me to another room. This room was slightly larger and looked over an internal courtyard. It was very quiet. Large, comfortable room with all the facilities you would expect. I was tired so had room service. The food was very good. I parked in the multi storey down the road. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking internal courtyard/flat roof. Others over the street can be noisy.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Victoriahowie, Assistant Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Hello CJSinScotland,
Thanks for the excellent Tripadvisor review!
Next time you're in Glasgow on business I hope we shall see you again.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Rooms are clean, modern and comfortable, hotel location is great, just across from Glasgow Central and 5 minutes walk from Buchanan street and all the shops.

We didn't have breakfast so I can't say what that's like but the restaurant and bar area looked nice and modern.

The only bizarre thing was the lifts, you had to press the floor outside the lift and then wait for one of the 3 lifts to appear and then wait and get in.

Room Tip: Try and get a room with a view of Glasgow Central at the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Victoriahowie, Assistant Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Hi jsmithexpotel,