Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Artto Hotel(Glasgow)
  • Bar/Lounge
3,189 results
All reviewscentral stationcollage restauranta business class roommodern hotelstandard roomjunior suitecity centremini barargyle streetleisure facilitiesbuffet breakfaststayed one nightcar parkbars and restaurantsgood nights sleepan overnight stayhaggis
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed In this hotel on numerous occasions on business so far this year. Each stay I have found the rooms to be spotless if on a couple occasions on the small side, staff to be friendly and courteous and the breakfast to be fantastic. In a great location a minutes walk from the train station, i will stay here each and every time I visit Glasgow if possible...perfect for the business traveller.

• Stayed: March 2013
Victoriahowie, Assistant Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review and for all the positive feedback. I am pleased to hear breakfast was a highlight throughout your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon. Regards Victoria

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I'll start with the good points and there are many - excellent location, quite literally outside of the Central Train Station and the rooms were very clean, spacious, light, well equipped with comfortable beds, robes and all that - really difficult to fault. Didnt try the breakfast or spa so can't really comment on them.... However, I'm not sure where the techno/rave club was but it felt like it was in the room next door. Kudos to the club owners because thats a hell of a sound system they've got there but it does mean that sleeping is difficult to say the least!

They also have something called 'One Touch Service' which is advertised as anything you need at the touch of a button on the phone - this translated in real life as having to phone twice for some addtional hot chocolate sachets and calling once and then being called back twice more after ordering houmuss - not sure what would have happened if i'd had a genuinly testing request for them to undertake...

As i've said, it is difficult to really fault the hotel as it is, however it seems like a 5 star rating must be pretty easy to get these days to be honest.

Room Tip: Work out where the rave joint is and try and position yourself as far away as possible!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BJMcG
Jacqueliine H, Revenue Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your reveiw. We have been in contact with the club and also with with the local council and are working towards eradicating this problem which happens when there is a special promotional night on in this venue which is currently once a month and effects a small proportion of our rooms, however if you are in one of these rooms I totally appreciate the problem. With regards to the one touch service issue this has been addressed with our front office team. I would like to thank you for your feedback and assure you that we are working to correct both of these points.

Regards

Jacqueline

Reviewed March 3, 2013

My daughter & I had planned a lovely chilled weekend in Glasgow. We checked-in to the hotel on the Saturday afternoon. On arrival the staff were open & friendly. We got to our room which was very contemporary, immaculately presented and had all the creature comforts. Our room, room 621 is a Business Suite and faces the Central Station just to the right of Argyle Street. We went out for the evening and came back tired and weary. Lights out at 11pm for the both of us. After 5 minutes silence in the room we were made very aware of the sound of loud dance music which was coming from outside. I got up out of bed and looked out of the window to see a great deal of revellers partying in the building opposite. I was not aware until the next morning that it was the night club The Arches. Between 11pm - 5am my daughter & I were kept awake all night by the constant noise. It was so loud it was rattling the hotel window. I called reception and asked for ear plugs for the both of us. He was very helpful and said he would get some for us. Unfortunately, the hotel didn't have any. I called two hours later to find out if anything could be done about the noise but without success. Reception told me that the club closed at 4am but the music was still blaring at 4.45am. By this time we were both exhausted. The music finally stopped at 5am. At check out in the morning I spoke to the Duty Manager who was lovely & very apologetic. She explained about the club and gave me a full refund for the inconvieniece. This really is a lovely hotel in the heart of the city but is badly let down by the neighbouring noise. I have stayed at the Raddison before but I had a room at the back of the hotel which was very peaceful.

I really can't fault this hotel and it is excellent value for money but be very weary about staying on a Saturday night. The noise is awful!

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your reveiew and for all the positive feedback. I would like to assure you that we are working with the club and the city council to find a solution to this problem. I really hope this does not deter you form choosing Radisson Blu in the future and look forward to welcoming you back.

Regards

Jacqueline

Reviewed March 3, 2013

The Hotel is beautiful inside and our room was very spacious and clean with a well stocked mini bar. The staff were very approachable and friendly. We stayed one night with breakfast which you can have from 7am until 12pm, which is excellent if you're not a morning person. It was a buffet with everything you could think of to eat. I have never seen such a selection at any other hotel. Our room was also very quiet, we never heard a thing outside our room. The location of the hotel is perfect for all the shops and pubs etc. nearby as well. There is a car park nearby which you also get 25% off the parking price with your stay at the hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel and I would stay there again if we're ever on another trip to Glasgow.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Victoriahowie, Assistant Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review and for all the positive feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back. Regards Victoria

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Stayed here a couple of times and will stay here next time I'm in Glasgow. It is so well placed everything is handy. The hotel gives a discount on the near by NCP so parking although not cheap is affordable.
The rooms are different layouts and this time I looked in at the courtyard. The room was nice and quiet and was well equipped with bathrobes, slippers and good toiletries.
Downside is a mattress that was more like a wooden board than anything soft, that said I slept okay. The TV was rather tiny as well. Good breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business