I spent alot of time researching the large hotels in Central Glasgow, and chose the Radisson Blu based on the location (very central and directly opposite Central Station) and many positive TripAdvisor reviews. We were not disappointed, this was a great choice, and absolutely the hotel you should choose.
We booked a couple of months in advance and got an excellent deal via booking.com, just over £80 per night for 3 nights, room only. The room was spacious, modern, clean and stylish. Large and comfortable double bed, floor to ceiling window. Complimentary tea and coffee provided, also a complimentary bottle of water, although the water was not replenished after the first day, not a problem though. Good quality toiletries provided in the bathroom.
I've read many comments on here about breakfast being crowded, expensive, etc, and same for the bar in the hotel. Fact is you do not need the breakfast option, there is a Wetherspoon directly opposite the hotel, we had breakfast there every day, it was always virtually empty and the prices were very cheap - porridge and coffee for £2.09! Full English (or Scottish!) breakast plus tea or coffee for £3.09! and you dont have to put it on your plate yourself! and you can be back in the Radisson 1 minute after you finish, its a no brainer in my opinion!
We didnt use anything at the hotel apart from the room for sleeping, so cannot comment on everything they provide, but would highly recommend you staying here, you will not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Trendy and sophisticated, Radisson Blu Glasgow is located in the heart of the culture-rich city. Shopping and popular attractions such as Kelvingrove Art Gallery, Riverside Museum and the SSE Hydro are all nearby. Each of the 238 elegant bedrooms and suites come with bathrobe and slippers, top-end toiletries and a mini bar. Enjoy the delectable and creative fare of Collage Restaurant offering a unique twist on the British Brassiere, then stop by the two on-site bars for perfectly poured cocktails, wine and beer. When you're not out exploring rejuvenate in the fitness and wellness facilities which include a swimming pool. The exceptional meeting facilities are some of the best in the city, boasting 15 meeting rooms hosting up to 800 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Rezidor, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Radisson Glasgow
- Glasgow Radisson
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow Scotland