“5* cooking in Glasow”

Trio
Cuisines: French, Scottish, British
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Burnside's one and only fine dining restaurant offering a variety of meals sourced and cooked from local ingredients,by award winning and Rosette standard chefsCheck our reviews on Trip Advisor,Facebook and 5pm
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I was recently over in Burnside in Rutherglen on business and had an hour before I had to go elsewhere, I was hungry and I spotted a little restaurant in Stonelaw road Burnside so I thought I would give it a try and I was delighted I did. The food was absolutely lovely I had a steak cooked with prunes which sounds awful but I had tried this dish before on traveling with my husband who works with big acts in the music industry, the catering that travel with them are all first class, I was pleasantly surprised how good it was, the meat was so very tender the gravy with the prunes amazing and the puff pastry just perfect, it was served with thick home made stacked chips and they were really really tasty. I thought I would go back with my family and see if it was as good as before and it was, my children also travel over the word and are spoiled with the amazing restaurants and the catering available to them and are very fussy, but we all had a lovely meal everything we ordered was all cooked fresh on the premises. The home made cream of veg soup, The fillet steaks The ribeye and the leg of lamb were all done absolutely spot on with the best of quality of meat and last but not least my favourite The home made creme brûlée, as the family were all full up I was the only one that ordered a sweet, I had tried it the time before and it was honestly the nicest creme brûlée that I have ever tried, the only down side was I couldn't get a chance to eat it because it was so delicious they all started digging their spoons in and I never even got a second spoonful, never mind we will all order our own next time we visit and hopefully thats soon. It BYO at the moment but their licence for alcohol is passed so you will soon be able to order drinks.

3  Thank alison w

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Just spent a nice evening in trio. It was Mexican night. I had a lovely red pepper and 3 bean soup followed by chilli beef burrito! My wife had a burrito also. My daughter had lovely fresh fish and chips! Go on folks give it a go!! Support an excellent local restaurant!!!

2  Thank jmh72
Trio B, Owner at Trio, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Thank you, for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your evening. We really appreciate the local support. Lyn Keogh

Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

We booked trio on 5pm.com after being at the time capsule and looking for somewhere to eat. The reviews were good so we thought we would give it a bash. It was two courses for £12.50 with a complementary glass of wine. We didnt have the wine as I was driving and my hubby doesn't like wine. Food was good, I had a steak (supplement worth it!) my son had a toastie, I had bruschetta to start, my hubby had the soup and chicken. We all enjoyed it and it was very good. Service was good with the man being very friendly. Only thing I would say would be to maybe offer a soft drink instead of the wine. They are doing a Mexican night on a Wednesday that sounds great!

1  Thank Kazzachick
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Visited Trio with my fiancé and were both impressed with high standard of food. Delicious scrummy meal that still leaves me salivating! Only drawback is 10% added to use debit card. So take cash.

1  Thank Goobygum
Trio B, Owner at Trio, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Nice to know that you you enjoyed your evening with us in Trio.We are always delighted when the
quality and presentation of our food is appreciated
It's probably worth mentioning however that at Trio we do not add anything to the bill whichever way you choose to pay i.e. debit or credit card or cash
Perhaps you mistook the discretionary 10% service charge for this?
We look forward to seeing you again in Trio soon.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

When we booked Trio for a Valentines dinner we expected somewhere that was quite intimate and had " nice " food. Trio completely exceeded our expectations!
It has a lovely intimate feel due to the size of the restaurant, and is tastefully decorated. We received a lovely warm welcome from the owner who also made sure that we had everything that we needed for the entire night. There was no feeling of being rushed through the courses unlike some other restaurants that try to get you fed and out the door as quick as possible on Valentines Day.
The food is the best we've tasted in a long time, its beautifully presented and tastes fantastic! It is very obvious that the Chef Scott has a passion for food and this shows through his imaginative menu and attention to detail. Each course looked stunning ( it was a shame to mess up the plate) and tasted better than the last course. The Valentines Menu consisted of a "duck leg terrine" starter and "rack of lamb with herb crust" main course which was a welcomed change to the "usual" Valentine's Menu.
Overall Trio is a lovely little restaurant that provides fantastic food, you will not be disappointed.
We have already made our next booking for a few weeks time. :-)

2  Thank Soo B