“Very Good!!!”

Trio
Cuisines: French, Scottish, British
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Burnside's one and only fine dining restaurant offering a variety of meals sourced and cooked from local ingredients,by award winning and Rosette standard chefsCheck our reviews on Trip Advisor,Facebook and 5pm
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Just spent a nice evening in trio. It was Mexican night. I had a lovely red pepper and 3 bean soup followed by chilli beef burrito! My wife had a burrito also. My daughter had lovely fresh fish and chips! Go on folks give it a go!! Support an excellent local restaurant!!!

2  Thank jmh72
Trio B, Owner at Trio, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Thank you, for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your evening. We really appreciate the local support. Lyn Keogh

Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

We booked trio on 5pm.com after being at the time capsule and looking for somewhere to eat. The reviews were good so we thought we would give it a bash. It was two courses for £12.50 with a complementary glass of wine. We didnt have the wine as I was driving and my hubby doesn't like wine. Food was good, I had a steak (supplement worth it!) my son had a toastie, I had bruschetta to start, my hubby had the soup and chicken. We all enjoyed it and it was very good. Service was good with the man being very friendly. Only thing I would say would be to maybe offer a soft drink instead of the wine. They are doing a Mexican night on a Wednesday that sounds great!

1  Thank Kazzachick
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Visited Trio with my fiancé and were both impressed with high standard of food. Delicious scrummy meal that still leaves me salivating! Only drawback is 10% added to use debit card. So take cash.

1  Thank Goobygum
Trio B, Owner at Trio, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Nice to know that you you enjoyed your evening with us in Trio.We are always delighted when the
quality and presentation of our food is appreciated
It's probably worth mentioning however that at Trio we do not add anything to the bill whichever way you choose to pay i.e. debit or credit card or cash
Perhaps you mistook the discretionary 10% service charge for this?
We look forward to seeing you again in Trio soon.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

When we booked Trio for a Valentines dinner we expected somewhere that was quite intimate and had " nice " food. Trio completely exceeded our expectations!
It has a lovely intimate feel due to the size of the restaurant, and is tastefully decorated. We received a lovely warm welcome from the owner who also made sure that we had everything that we needed for the entire night. There was no feeling of being rushed through the courses unlike some other restaurants that try to get you fed and out the door as quick as possible on Valentines Day.
The food is the best we've tasted in a long time, its beautifully presented and tastes fantastic! It is very obvious that the Chef Scott has a passion for food and this shows through his imaginative menu and attention to detail. Each course looked stunning ( it was a shame to mess up the plate) and tasted better than the last course. The Valentines Menu consisted of a "duck leg terrine" starter and "rack of lamb with herb crust" main course which was a welcomed change to the "usual" Valentine's Menu.
Overall Trio is a lovely little restaurant that provides fantastic food, you will not be disappointed.
We have already made our next booking for a few weeks time. :-)

2  Thank Soo B
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We went there for a nice, relaxing dinner and were not disappointed! The quality of the food is really excellent and you can tell that ingredients are top of their range. The value for money is superb, the staff is extremely friendly and helpful and will try all to make you feel pampered! We had a wonderful time and will surely be back!

3  Thank Suzie H