“Good for independent films and classics; good seating” 4 of 5 bubbles

Glasgow Film Theatre
Ranked #11 of 49 Fun & Games in Glasgow
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Good for independent films and classics; good seating”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

You can see classic movies here as well as new movies. The seating is excellent so that there are no obstructed views. Good selection of foreign and UK films.

Visited July 2012

Hamilton, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“A proper Art Deco arts palace.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

For some reason my friends consider me slightly hyperbolic, I don’t know why, I rarely every exaggerate. As strangers on the internet you’ll have to make up your own mind about me.
But please believe me when I say the Glasgow Film Theatre is completely and utter fab.

Tucked away in a corner of the city center its not showy, even its 1920 glamor is sophisticated and understated. But the best bit about it, truly the most completely marvelous thing about it are the people there. They are passionate. Not in the naked, writhing fleshpot way. Well not that I know of, perhaps in private, when the lights go out and everyone leaves. No, they all want people to immerse themselves in arts and culture and especially film.

If you are luck enough to visit Glasgow and its not raining, grey and cold please go and enjoy the shops and the parks or the Botanic Gardens. But if you are in the other 99% of the population please consider a trip to the GFT. You might be entertained, you could learn something but your soul will definitely be enriched.

Visited June 2012
Alnwick, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of my favourite places in the world”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

I make a pilgrimage to GFT every year for the film festival. This film theatre is a delight.

Coolest decor (original 20s?), great cafe and varied programme. Sometimes I wish I lived in Glasgow so I could be nearer!

Visited February 2012