“Don't judge by the cover”

Ross's Original Bar
Ranked #794 of 2,590 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: British
Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

When my friend recommend Ross's bar, I was like "really " becos it's the kind of bar we go! eg All Bar One . But what do I know ! Totally not what I expected! Love the music love the food ( we had the starter for 2 )and we were served very quickly at the bar! Staff are friendly ! Def going back again !!

1  Thank Devil l

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Avoid this pub like the plague for food. Took my wife into ross's bar in mitchell street today for lunch we ordered 2 chicken burgers with chips and salad, well here goes the food was at our table within 5 minutes not a good sign the roll was a burger roll right out of the bag on to the plate not toasted it broke into a dozen bits and was twice the size of what was meant to be a chicken burger it was the same size as a hash brown from mcdonalds and you could have filled a small cup with the grease on it the chips were terrible and tasted like they had been cooked in oil that been used again and again and the salad looked out of date. My wife never touched it i attempted the burger but chucked it after 2 bites. The girl came over we told her it wasnt nice she offered us something else which we declined but they still had the cheek to charge us im not a snob but i wouldnt give this to a stray dog on the street never mind a paying customer. I would not recommend this for lunch even if it was for nothing.

7  Thank Rob G
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Friendly staff, great music and wonderful atmosphere. First class service Don't miss it if you're in Glasgow

1  Thank Jamie M
Reviewed July 24, 2012

This is a city bar trying to be a local the feeling is a bit confusing modern high tables in bar older furniture in "restaurant" I feel there are better bars around and found some bar staff a bit up them selfs

1  Thank jee2000
Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

The food is good and service is friendly. The food and drink prices will not break the bank. They do cater for kids with a good cheap children's menu although you have to ask for it as it may not be on the table. It can be busy at the weekend but if you pop in they will try and keep a table for you, handy if you have kids. They have a seating area a little removed from the bar. Good pub grub in a friendly atmosphere at a reasonable price.

1  Thank Royalscott