“one of Glasgow's best”

Ranked #14 of 137 Coffee & Tea in Glasgow
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: Rose and Grants are Cafe Deli's providing lunches, breakfasts, coffee, teas and other delicacies. We source all the ingredients for our sandwiches, salads, baking and homemade meals from local grocers and bakers. We aim at all times to hold a consistency of standard in our coffee making so that every cup of coffee tastes great whichever Rose & Grants you visit. Our approach simply aims to create tasty sandwiches, salads, bakes, ready meals, coffee and baking, and we achieve this by quality of ingredients, preparation and consistency.Our staff are recruited on the basis of their personality and work ethic. As a result you should find them polite, friendly, hard working and with high personal standards. Any courteous feedback will be well received by each of them and we are happy to consider all feedback. As a result we value all our staff and regard them as skilled assests to the business.
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Excellent coffee shop .Home made soups,freshly made sandwiches(best BLT in Glasgow). Very friendly ,polite staff. Excellent value .I highly recommend this place

1  Thank 132MoiraG

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Stumbled across this place and wondered why I've never been before. Usually go to the usual Nero's, Starbucks et al but this place is a definite step up with regards friendly staff, service and quality of food. A pleasant change to the usual corporate offerings.

2  Thank Peter M
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Popped in here as walked past and it looked nice. It was a busy sunday afternoon but the staff were friendly and helpful. Good choice of sweet treats and very good value for money. Had a large teapot for 2 people.

2  Thank Elke M
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Went to rose and grants to do some studying for my university as I had visited before and it had a calming atmosphere. The service from the girl with very short brown hair was absolutely first rate! She had a beaming smile and could not do more for me. She was very polite and was chatting to the regulars who were obviously very keen on her too. The coffee was amazing! The best caramel latte I have ever tasted. I will definitely be back and it is due to the service from the lovely girl more than the food itself!

1  Thank ElizabethMillie
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Had passed by a few times and it looked really nice inside and had read positive reviews, so I was looking forward to it.
Soup was finished for the day, which was a wee bit disappointing but fair enough - it was just after 2pm on a chilly day. We ordered sandwiches, nice fresh thick bread but v light on filling, so felt like was just eating thick bread. Had tray bakes to follow, malteser cake was good, brownie okay. Thankfully coffee was v good.
What really stuck with me was the attitude one member of staff, who was quite unpleasant and gave the impression that it was an inconvenience to have to speak to us. I may come back for a coffee some day, if only to work out if she had just had a horrendous day or if she just has a bad attitude... But maybe not.

2  Thank Fitoo