“Yum!”

Handmade Burger Co.
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I'm not really a fan of burgers but it was my partners turn to choose dinner so we ended up here! The waited was really friendly and explained the ordering system for us. You choose your meal and then go up to the counter to order and pay - not too difficult! We didn't feel that we had to wait to long for the food and when it came I was pleasantly surprised. I ordered a chicken burger and a side order of chips. The burger was delicious! It was a really tasty chicken breast and it was huge! The chips were really tasty but we didn't need a portion each - one portion would be enough for too. We felt the prices were reasonable in comparison to similar restaurants and would definitely go back.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Just had a very dissapointing trip to braehead branch.
Food took ages to arrive nearly an hour. When it did it was tasteless and greasy
Coffee machine was broken so couldn't even get coffee.
I've had a tastier burger in McDonald's and I don't even like their food.

1  Thank Nikn1k
Reviewed December 10, 2012

With so many eateries to choose from in Braehead we decided on this restaurant as it looked modern, busy, new & "the place to be". We queued for only 5 minutes or so and looked at the menu which looked and sounded appetising.

The place was busy and the waiter we had was very pleasant and chatty as he took us to our table.

He explained the menu and ordering system, which was possibly our first negative as shopping in a busy mall as well as having children in tow and including our aforementioned point of the place being busy....we really didn't want to queue (for 15 minutes) at a bar, to order food - when on top of all the stresses of Xmas shopping, it would have been appreciated if somebody could actually take your order.

When the food arrived, quality wise, it was less than we would have expected. Not particularly tasty and if you take away the garnish and extra burger toppings, you're really only left with a bland tasting burger.

Whether it was lack of seasoning or poor ingredients - it was just missing something altogether. Even my partner didn't want to sample what I had left........and there was a lot!!

Although this is a burger restaurant, is it really needed that EVERYTHING is in a burger bun?? We had our 3 & 4 year olds with us who, like all normal children and being small people, find a big burger bun, difficult to eat. So really, when ordering fish fingers, do these REALLY need to be in a bun? Can there not be an option to just simply have fish fingers & chips?? In our example, there was a lot of waste because of this.

The food all-in-all wasn't the best and even the waitress who brought the onion rings, wouldn't even put them on our table and made her own decision that they "were disgusting looking" and that she would get us "fresh ones".....which I would have expected them to have been anyway! (But on a small positive note, the chips were good and obviously freshly but and not frozen)!!

All in all, we won't be back. Especially with a bill of nearly £60.00 for lunch, having to order your own food and not have actual waiting staff as opposed to table clearers....and yet we could have eaten next door and not done half the work ourselves, for less the price.

Probably, the fact that there's not many reviews on TripAdvisor about this restaurant should be a indication that there's a lot of non-returning business.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Went to the Braehead branch and i won't be back. I was so disappointed with service and food. I felt that i had just wasted my money. We asked for to be seated at a booth as we felt cold and thought it would be warmer but was told they ALL had been reserved which was a lie cos the next customers after us got booths. It's a bit like Nando's as you have to go up and order your food., The have a large selection of burgers but pricey just for a burger on your plate. We decided to also get onion rings and chips. Although the chips were lovely the onion rings OMG yuck. One bite and my mouth was full of oil and it was dripping everywhere. Sitting in the place can be very cold as your right beside the ice rink. I certainly was not impressed by our first and last visit.

1  Thank PERRAN28
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I really like burgers and had been attracted by custom made element of menu but the burgers produced were lacking in seasoning and not worth the money. My friend and I ordered separate burgers me opting for cheeseburger and she went for spicier option but neither was good, The chips which had to be paid for separately were returned as rotten. The waitress did replace however second batch little better. I thought for the price paid it was very poor value and I could not in fairness recommend. We had onion rings which were ok but the atmosphere, need to place order at counter and prepay did not commend it particularly as the burger was not great.