“First time visiting ..... But not the last” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cafezique
Ranked #211 of 2,386 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: British, Scottish, Cafe, Delicatessen
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chorley, United Kingdom
“First time visiting ..... But not the last”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014

Having examples the sister DeliZique with a friend I was advised to try the CafeZique, which I did last night. Simply - YOU MUST GO !!!!, it is FANTASTIC.
On arrival for a table at 8pm there was a little OhOh as it seemed very quiet, but within 15 mins it was nicely busy. Arrival was greater With a welcoming smile ( a rarely these days I find ..... Replaced with the usual "Hi Guys", which often is in an ungenuine tone ). This welcome was personal, warm and inviting.
The seating and atmosphere is perfect for what you should expect and desire - simple, stylist, well lit atmospherically so, with music playing in the background that is eclectic in its mix - jazz, soul, pop, old and modern ( Beatles, London Grammer ) yet never intrusive enough to stop good conversation but interesting enough to test you and your partners musical knowledge with quirky additions popping up infrequently.
The staff - 2 young girls were an absolute delight. Attentive yet never in your face. They were also aware ( at one point I was looking at the old roller black-board on the wall with Cakes and Wines written on it ), almost immediately the waitress was over to explain that this was actually old information and that the latest details were on the listing on the table. This to me proved they were aware and also aloud for a nun intrusive measure of service and an opportunity to engage with the waiting staff in a nice way.
Now for the REAL REASON for writing this. The Food !!!!!!!. The menu is packed with a range from Nibbles, Small to Large and ending on desserts that can only be described as excellent. Fresh local seasonal ingredients blended into interesting, tempting and unique combinations that will not disappoint. As in such cases - what to chose.
I plumped for
Starter - Crab with leeks, and a small pasts ( forgotten the name ), in a light creamy sauce. It arrived with an ample amout on a simple plate and was piping hot. This was FANTASTIC. simple, light and full of flavour. I had to force myself to take my time to ensure I enjoyed every mouthful. ( Date had Hummus with beet root which came like an ice-cream scoop - totally enjoyed )
Main - chicken breast ( cooked in skin - beautifully crisp and the meat moist ) on a bed of leaves sitting on red pesto with an avocado salad with THE MOST DELICIOUS COMPOT TOMATOES I have ever tasted. This meal was also EXCELLENT, and was filling yet never made me full bloated or struggling to finish. ( Date had Fig, Goats cheese, Pumpkin salad with chilli and balsamic dressing - loved it )
Dessert - Eton mess with Pistachios and strawberrys mixed through. BRILLIANT. ( Date did not have a dessert )
The evening ended with coffee ( espresso ) and was a great experience .
CafeZique is a little off the beaten track, but well worth the effort and only 5 minutes from the busy Byres Road West End busyness. It is a genuine real find, and somewhere as you will see I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending and genuinely will return for more of the total experience that CafeZique offers - in bucket loads.

• Visited August 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Good food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Cannot criticise the food in any way, all lovely and well presented. The criticism is about the service which was slow and disjointed. The staff were lovely and not there fault just totally overrun trying to serve too many people at one time.

1 Thank Agnes C
Baildon, United Kingdom
“Amazing brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

Went here for brunch, quite simply... blooming amazing. It was busy, buzzy and the service was excellent... very attentive staff. Great range of drinks, cakes and brunch and lunch options. Food was brilliantly presented, no pretense, just great tasting and plenty of it. I had the Eggs Royale... delicious. My partner had Eggs Benedict and said it was the best he'd had... praise indeed!!

It will become a firm favourite and we will certainly go back again and again!

• Visited August 2014
Lisburn, United Kingdom
“What a find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

I was in Glasgow and looking for a bite to eat - I walked past this place and thought "why not?" - I was not disappointed - they squeezed us in and made us feel mrs than welcome. Our drinks appeared rapidly without fuss. Sitting at the bar we could see our food being prepared with great care and attention.
When it arrived it was delicious - and just the right amount - pudding followed and we left sated and satisfied with the cost.
It could get a bit busy at times but I suspect the staff would carry on with great élan!
Well worth a detour to visit and I will be back on my next trip to the West End!

• Visited November 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Cozy, and very good brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

I brought my husband here for brunch on his birthday. This was actually the second time we'd been here--the first time he was underwhelmed and especially put off by how crowded the upstairs seating area was, but we decided to try again on a weekday. This time it was quieter and we sat outside anyway. Both times I've had eggs benedict with bacon and both times it has been outstanding. The eggs are perfectly poached and the bacon is possibly the best I've ever had (even compared to bacon I've had in North America). We also had French toast this time and it was excellent too.

• Visited June 2014