“Busy, buzzy, friendly and good food”
Review of Cafezique

Cafezique
Ranked #296 of 2,429 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Scottish, British, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Busy, buzzy, friendly and good food”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Although we eat out a lot and live close to this place, we've never stepped though its doors. Now having done so for a Saturday night dinner we are so glad we visited. Despite being choc a bloc, the service was at a good pace and very engaging and chatty - which suited us. The crowd was a great mix of students, academics (I guess), older west end trendies, loving couples and us. A great atmosphere. We were upstairs, with a perfect people watching view of all the goings-on downstairs.

The food we thought was simple (a good thing) and very accomplished. My chicken, mushroom puree, parsnips, kale & spring onions was a great balance of flavours and cooked just right. Across the table the zique burger with aberfoyle beef (rareish) was the best she has ever tasted - and she is not at all prone to saying such grandiose things.

So, a good night was had.

Before I go - a comment on the comments of the management, in response to negative criticisms of Cafezique. As I was reading them, at first I thought what a cheek to respond so heavily, but the more I read I realised they were properly measured, thought through and time consuming statements rather than just aggressive retorts. As I said, we do eat out a lot and read Tripadvisor comments regularly. Very rarely do managers come back at customers in that kind of way - so good for you, we say!!

• Visited March 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Glasgow, Scotland
“The best coffee in town”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I've wanted to visit Cafezique for a while and was very pleasantly surprised at how good the coffee is. So much so that I've been back since! However, I've still to eat there and look forward to that experience. Good atmosphere and service.

New Haven, Connecticut
“Breakfast all day!”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I love a place that offers breakfast all day! The best scrambled eggs I've had in a long while with grill-toasted wholegrain bread made a really satisfying lunch today. I've been here for breakfast many times over the past few years - it's my favorite whenever I'm in Glasgow - and the quality is reliably good. It's not a flashy place but the staff and clientele are friendly and relaxed. It's not cheap - but quality never is.

• Visited February 2014
“very good value, good food, fair service, but the best in Glasgow? Not sure......”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I ate here a week or so ago and was impressed with the value and food, which was fresh and well cooked - absolutely no complaints here. The service was slightly slow, although I do understand that they are busy which is likely a result of a good local reputation. I think the key issue is whether or not it's the best of a very good bunch of cafes/restaurants in the west end - we only have a certain amount of money/calories to spend on eating out! Personally I thought it was maybe a victim of its own success - a chilled out breakfast/brunch/lunch in the west end should be just that. Cafezique is busy, ever so slightly crowded and with limited toilet facilities (one unisex toilet in the corner as far as I could see, although happy to be corrected on this one). Personally I think there may be better options within the west end which are a bit more spacious and chilled out. Having said this I would say it's worth a visit to see if its your bag.

1 Thank danieljmartin
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Lunch at Cafezique”
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

I have just returned from lunch at Cafezique with friends.

Good, fresh food and friendly service, just missing that little bit of atmosphere not helped by the cheap plastic chairs.

The food was nice enough to warrant a return visit but with so many similar establishments nearby I'm not sure if Cafezique has that extra edge.

Overall, an enjoyable visit.

1 Thank arewenearlythereyet0