“Great place for brunch”
Review of Cafezique

Cafezique
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafezique is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #220 of 2,568 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Scottish, British, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Lovely place for brunch, always buzzing. Good, fresh ingredients, great atmosphere, helpful staff. Nice wee shop to browse in next door too.

Brilliant for a fry up to settle the hangover!

Ross M, General Manager at Cafezique, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thank you, appreciate you taking the time to write a positive review about us.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We had breakfast here on Sunday and it was amazing.
The place was very busy but the staff were relatively fast at serving us. My girlfriend and I each ordered a full breakfast. We waited about 15 minutes for it to be served. The café sits on the corner of Hyndland Road and gives nice views, particularly if you can sit upstairs.
When the food arrived I was delighted by the quality. The bacon was delicious, good rich sausages and huge tatty scones. I don’t eat egg but apparently all 3 types (fried, poached or scrambled) are fantastic, my girlfriend was certainly raving about the scrambled.
Took longer than I would have liked to get the bill and at a tenner for the big breakfast it’s not the cheapest place but as a weekend treat its stupendous.

1  Thank Chris D
Ross M, General Manager at Cafezique, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thank you for reviewing the breakfast at cafezique. It is great to hear you loved it all. You are right to say that we are not the cheapest breakfast in town but we really do buy the best ingredients we can and it is good to see that this is reflected in the eating.

Hope to see you back again,

Reviewed April 19, 2013

My gorgeous wife Nicola has been working away in London over the last week so we had made the decision that when she was back that we would enjoy a day out today, providing that the weather wasn't as horrible as it has been over the last few weeks.
With the sun splitting the skies, we made our way to the Riverside Museum, the new home for Scotland's Museum of Travel & Transport. This was our first trip to the transport museum since it moved from the Kelvin Hall to the £74 million modern site on the River Clyde and we spent almost four hours wandering around the 3000+ vehicles and other paraphernalia.
We hadn't expected to spend so long at the museum and when we left after a few hours, it was already past our normal lunchtime. We were in the West End, we knew that finding something to eat wouldn't be too difficult so jumped back in the car and made our way towards the Hyndland area where a little deli/cafe called Delizique is based.

We arrived just after 3pm to an already busy cafe, in fact had we arrived any later, I think we would have been eating takeaway sandwiches in the car!
The interior of Delizique is dominated by what looks like a replica of 'The Tree of Hippocrates', and a scattering of mishmash tables and chairs all with a view of the open kitchen pass. Delizique attracts a wide spectrum of diners all flocking to sample home baking, sandwiches and fresh salads. The speciality of the house is their famous 'Big Piece', a giant home baked focaccia sandwich, think of the biggest chopping board that you've seen then think of a sandwich that same size and you've got the starting point for the 'Big Piece'. The filling changes daily depending on the mood of the chef, today's filling was poached salmon with dill, tartare sauce, rocket and lemon. If you're happy with the sandwich filling of the day, they simply cut a big piece from the chopping board.

Delicious as the 'Big Piece' sounded, we had come in from a cold winters day and wanted something that could warm us up. The menu consists of boards of meats, cheeses and salads, plus a wide choice of home cooked pizza. We opted to share a Chorizo, sun dried tomato and mozzarella pizza, and a Greek Salad between us.

The 8" pizza (£7.50) was cooked to order with a crisp base topped with smoky slices of thick cut chorizo, succulent pieces of sweet sun dried tomato, and torn pieces of creamy mozzarella, all drizzled with peppery extra virgin olive oil. The Greek salad (£4) was a huge pile of rocket, tomato, red onion, cucumber, peppers, and olives, tossed with crumbled Feta and olive oil. All the dishes at Delizique are served on rustic wooden boards.
The boards that we were served were fantastic! The fresh flavours from the salad were a great counter to the rich chorizo from the pizza, and the portion sizes were generous for the price. To accompany our lunch, Nicola had a bottle (330ml) of Lorina French pink lemonade, whilst I had an espresso once we had finished our food. Delizique are guilty of one of the things that really annoy me about lots of cafes, they seriously mark up the cost on their bottled soft drinks! I appreciate that they have a business to run, but i think charging £3.50 for a bottle of lemonade is seriously over the top!
That said, our lunch cost £17 and we both left feeling well fed and watered. So much so that we didn't have room to squeeze in any of the delicious home baking that we passed on the way out. Next time I'm in the area I'll be swinging by for a coffee and cake, there's a rhubarb and custard tart with my name on it!

Find out more about Delizeque at www.gerryskitchen.blogspot.com

Thank you Gerry for including your review from your blog and for taking the time to write about our revamped deli in detail.
If I could pick up on your one issue regarding your soft drink price. I think you might be surprised at how much a bottle of the Lorina French Pink Lemonade costs for us to buy in. I am aware that it is an expensive, premium product and we continue to keep it listed purley on its popularity with our regular customers. We also have a standard lemonade at almost half the price as we wouldn't force people to buy a premium product with no alternative.
The above being said I am glad you still felt that we were very good value.

Ross McDonald

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Eat brunch here frequently and it is still the best breakfast in Glasgow.. Best coffee too. Cooked breakfast portions have reduced lately I have to say though.. Bit sneaky guys.. Think we don't notice? Great atmosphere and the guys are very friendly, although service can be a little slow if the place is busy.. Love it though..

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear that you think our breakfast is the best in Glasgow, although disappointed and surprised to see that you think we have reduced our portions. I have been here over 4 years and the size of the breakfast has not changed at all. I would really like to hear what you thought we had reduced in size so please ask for me on your next visit or call me on 0141 339 7180.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

We regularly pop in to Cafezique usually for coffee but also for the occasional brunch, dinner or a drink. The staff are very welcoming and the foosd is excellent. It is very busy most of the time but usually they can find you a table - try it out!

1  Thank Persephone20

Thanks for your review. You are totally correct that even when it is very busy we will always find you a table, even if it is just a short wait at the bar.