“Great wee lunch”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
“Great wee lunch”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Popped in here for a quick bite to eat with my boyfriend, we both really like this place and have been many times before, we both ordered a cullen skink soup which was delicious and enjoyed browsing the various recipe books next to our table, from previous experience I can also recommend their eggs benedict, it is simply devine!

• Visited February 2013
Ross M, General Manager at Cafezique, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Glad you really enjoyed your lunch, our menu is completely different in the evenings so please give that a try too.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Love this place!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Been here quite a few times for brunch now, it has fast become one of my favourite places! Their soup and salads etc are always nice, and the freshly made bread is delicious! Keen to try it for dinner soon! Only thing is that the service could be a bit better at times, sometimes slow bringing drinks and food which is understandable when busy.

• Visited February 2013
Ross M, General Manager at Cafezique, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
It really is great to hear that we are one of your favourite places. It can get unbelievably busy especially at weekends and I think on the whole we get the food and drinks out at a good pace, I do hope you haven't had to wait too long.
Thank you for going out of your way to write about us.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Nice place with great food but.....”
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Nothing wrong with this place.
Food: good!
Service: good!
Price/quality: good!
Staff: very friendly and helpfull!

The only thing is that their (open) kitchen ventilation is a bit off. If you don't mind smelling like (good) food then this place is great! Not so much if you have another party to go to.........

Ross M, General Manager at Cafezique, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for writing about all the positive elements at cafezique, it is reassuring to see that we tick a lot of boxes for you. I realise that with such an open plan kitchen that some smells do come out but our well maintained extraction system should remove most of them.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Would have loved to rate higher but sheer lack of vegan choices....”
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

I dined here with friends on Feb 17, 2013. We had a lengthy wait for a table for three, which is testament to the popularity. When we were finally seated the chair my friend was given was torn and had the metal springs poking through, I had to ask for a cushion. Other than that the decor was nice and fresh, well lit and the restaurant and toilets were clean.

My criticism is that I'm vegan and the choices were limited, but the staff were eager to help. Alas the pasta had egg in it, the bread had milk in it. If this had been thought out more carefully, the vegan options would be greatly increased, but I seemed to be left with salad or oatcakes (which had to be brought in from the deli) and hummus. It's Sunday lunch, I was hoping for something a wee bit more substantial. The hummus came and it was like a table spoon portion, thankfully the staff were happy to give me more. What I got was lovely, and the staff are informal and friendly, the restaurant is, my friends enjoyed their lunch.

3 Thank ph1973
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Much improved menu, imaginative combinations”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Cafezique has recently become reliable and consistent after a period of below average food and service

Worth a visit for either lunch or dinner, in fact any time of the day

Small and sometimes less than comfortable seating but overall good value with a range of interesting choices

• Visited January 2013
Ross M, General Manager at Cafezique, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
I am glad to hear that you see improvements at cafezique. Hopefully, any below par food and service has been put long behind us as we are all working hard constantly. We also have new seats which should be more comfy!