“Nice place with great food but.....”
Review of Cafezique

Cafezique
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafezique is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #227 of 2,591 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Deli, Scottish, British, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Nothing wrong with this place.
Food: good!
Service: good!
Price/quality: good!
Staff: very friendly and helpfull!

The only thing is that their (open) kitchen ventilation is a bit off. If you don't mind smelling like (good) food then this place is great! Not so much if you have another party to go to.........

Ross M, General Manager at Cafezique, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you for writing about all the positive elements at cafezique, it is reassuring to see that we tick a lot of boxes for you. I realise that with such an open plan kitchen that some smells do come out but our well maintained extraction system should remove most of them.

Thanks again,

Ross

Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

I dined here with friends on Feb 17, 2013. We had a lengthy wait for a table for three, which is testament to the popularity. When we were finally seated the chair my friend was given was torn and had the metal springs poking through, I had to ask for a cushion. Other than that the decor was nice and fresh, well lit and the restaurant and toilets were clean.

My criticism is that I'm vegan and the choices were limited, but the staff were eager to help. Alas the pasta had egg in it, the bread had milk in it. If this had been thought out more carefully, the vegan options would be greatly increased, but I seemed to be left with salad or oatcakes (which had to be brought in from the deli) and hummus. It's Sunday lunch, I was hoping for something a wee bit more substantial. The hummus came and it was like a table spoon portion, thankfully the staff were happy to give me more. What I got was lovely, and the staff are informal and friendly, the restaurant is, my friends enjoyed their lunch.

3  Thank ph1973
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Cafezique has recently become reliable and consistent after a period of below average food and service

Worth a visit for either lunch or dinner, in fact any time of the day

Small and sometimes less than comfortable seating but overall good value with a range of interesting choices

I am glad to hear that you see improvements at cafezique. Hopefully, any below par food and service has been put long behind us as we are all working hard constantly. We also have new seats which should be more comfy!

Thanks again,

Ross

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Dined at Cafezique for a spot of Sunday brunch last Sunday for the second time - forgot how good it was!

Atmosphere electric, service first class, brunch was dynamite!

A big thank you to Ross and the team. See you soon.

Was great to have you back in, glad you loved it. Ross

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Having read some of the previous reviews, four of us visited using our Groupon vouchers. The food is excellent, nicely presented and great value for money judging by the prices on the menu, which was dated for Saturday 9th indicating that they change it daily. The wine list prices are very reasonable as was the single malt whisky and beer! Our waiter was very cheerful, attentive and provided us with great service. Altogether a lovely experience which we would highly recommend. It's another to add to our list.

Thank you for a glowing review. Delighted to hear that the service and food made for a great evening. Ross