“Loud !”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 25, 2017 via mobile

We had booked table for lunch but unfortunately it was during a rugby match . Customers were screaming at tv ! We ate quickly and left ! Too noisy for us .

Management response:Responded June 28, 2017

Apologies for the noise and hope you return during a quieter time. Our regulars were just a bit excited that day.

Reviewed June 7, 2017 via mobile

We really like the atmosphere in the Den,the food however needs to be improved.We have been here in several occasions and with anew menu we thought it would be better ,but it's not

Management response:Responded June 28, 2017

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry you are disappointed with the food as we changed the menu a couple of months ago and also introduced daily and weekend specials which are very popular.

Please do not hesitate to speak to me next time you're in so that I can find out a bit more about the problems.

Reviewed June 5, 2017 via mobile

I was here with friends and was looking forward to a nice meal but was sadly let down. I asked for a well-done burger but was given one that was so raw inside that the I could see the blood. The 'hand-cut' chips with it were not chips but potato wedges that were solid in the middle. I had to return the food and wait at least 15 minutes for another, at which point my friends had nearly finished theirs. I had lost my appetite by this time and only ate the burger and left the wedges and bun. I would like to say though that the staff were very nice and the manager said she would not charge for my meal. My friends barely touched their wedges (they were actually expecting chips and not wedges) and when I asked why, they also said they were undercooked. Our bill was £350, including the drinks, and we weren't very impressed.

1  Thank Flygirl1975
Reviewed May 29, 2017

Used to come here all the time for the macaroni cheese as it was literally the best macaroni cheese id ever tasted.
However change of menu, now there is no macaroni cheese :( only reason I would come now would be for drinks unfortunately.
BRING BACK THE MACARONI CHEESE !!!

1  Thank Katie S

Hi,

Thank you for your review but I am puzzled by your comment about the macaroni cheese.

We have never taken it off the menu and is actually one of our best sellers.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed May 16, 2017 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed my food including the hand cut chips.
However the waitress that served us appeared to be in such a mood that it made the whole table uncomfortable, we honestly couldn't work out what was wrong with her.
I've never been made to feel so uncomfortable at a meal in my whole life.
A large group out for a birthday looking to spend money on food and drink on a Tuesday night should be seen as a good bonus by any small business, however I definitely don't think I will return to this place after that I experience.
Instead of staying for some more drinks we paid for the food and went elsewhere, it appears we were unwanted.

1  Thank Allan M
Management response:Responded June 28, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review.

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience and please be assured we have taken your comments on board.