“Great addition”

Ranked #147 of 2,542 Restaurants in Glasgow
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: South Side
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I know this venue has been open for a considerable time now but it has certainly become a welcome addition to the area. After a few teething problems all now runs well; good food, pleasant staff, pleasing ambience and value for money. If you had any doubts at the beginning please revisit as it has now changed so much for the better. PS. The chickpea and veggie haggis pasties are to die for.

StephenHeggie, General Manager at The Bungo Bar and Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

I'm glad that you have given us more of a chance to redeem what may have been earlier issues when we first got up and running. Thankyou for your review - we are glad to have you as part of the bungo family and can't wait to see you again.

Regards

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Visited at the beginning of March 2013 on a Sunday evening. The restaurant was nicely busy with a really friendly atmosphere. The food was delicious (try the Chicken Satay sticks!!) and we all enjoyed our meals. All of the staff were very friendly and delivered great service.
We will definitely return.

Another cracking review - we are so grateful to all you bungolites who take the time to post for us.
Glasgowgirl 6, thankyou so much - oh and try the ribs next time (my favourite).

Cheers

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have vistied the Bungo on four or five occasions now and have never been disappointed. My last visit was at the beginning of March 2013 on a Tuesday evening, fairly late, for a bite of dinner. I had seen the Burger of Day on Twitter earlier in the day looking very tasty (complete with photo) and decided that after parents' evening at our daughter's school, this was the place to go. The staff couldn't be more helpful, even though it was nearing kitchen closing time. We both ordered the Texan Burger and a bottle of Blue Moon (£9.95 - you can't go wrong!). The food arrived promptly and was really good and fresh tasting. I couldn't fault it.

On another visit I was with a big party shortly before Christmas and again, even though the restaurant was jam-packed, we couldn't fault the food or the service.

The Strathbungo area has needed a neighbourhood venue like this for a long time and it is certainly a welcome addition. I'll definitely be back!

Claire M - you better be back!!

Lol - thankyou so much for your review, the bungo team got a great lift from reading it, and we are delighted to delight you again in future. So burger or not, we look forward to seeing you again.

Many thanks

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I've visited 'the Bungo' on a number of occasions and it always suffers from lack of communication within the staff. On a recent visit for a coffee, I was asked no less than five times if I wanted lunch, even though it was after 2pm.Last night wasn't quite so bad but when you've just discussed the Tuesday Special Burger with the waiter you don't want the manager then to come to your table to tell you all about the ...Tuesday Special Burger.... This week was an Irish themed burger and pint of Guinness special for just under £10. Unfortunately the 'special' removed the hand cut chips and salad which normally accompanies the burgers and replaced them with two potato croquettes and a small green garnish. I was just about to send the burger back for being cold when I realised that the top of the burger was hot and the problem was that the burger had been served on a cold plate. My partner was not drinking and opted for the non special deal burger and her chips didn't stay hot either as her plate was also cold. An initial explanation from the manager that they didn't heat the plates because of the salad, was soon replaced with one of not have a plate warmer, when I pointed out that there was no salad with the 'special'. Get a hot plate and serve the salad on the side and improve communication between the staff if you want to please your customers experience.

2  Thank IanGoudie

thankyou for your feedback - I am at odds to discover why your hot food was served on a hot plate and am investigating your comments thoroughly. I'm glad to see my guys were being attentive - although perhaps too much from what I can gather. Apologies again if you found our staff intrusive.

All feedback is greatly welcomed and although harsh comments such as yours are disappointing, they are needed if we are to gain in momentum and excel in our delivery. So once again thankyou for brininging these matters to my attention.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Great atmosphere (if u dont mind dogs and children of which there were many-this added to the welcoming atmosphere.) I ve been here twice and on both occasions service was efficient and friendly. I really enjoyed the burger. It was tasty, reat texture and on a nice roll.chipotle mustard mayo was pleasant touch and added a kick.lovely chips too. My only complaint is that portion was a bit on the small side for nine quid.having said that, perhaps too many places try to flatter u with too much stodge. Decent selection of beers.

Thankyou again Marvin for the review. I'm sorry that you thought we stinged on the portions - usually a burger in here is a prelude to a good kip.
Hopefully you will be more sustained upon your return to us.