“Hidden Gem”

Pinto Mexican Kitchen
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: Pinto Mexican Kitchen is a Burrito Bar serving Mexican Street Food with something to suit all tastes. Open from 11am Monday - Saturday and 12noon Sunday. Licensed.
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Love this place, went to the Queen St one today and it is officially a new favourite!
Pinto does Mexican street food and is a bit like Subway in that you pick all your fillings and sides for burritos/tacos/nachos etc. I had a spicy beef burrito and the meat was cooked perfectly. The burrito was massive and I got a side of nachos for 80p and was absolutely stuffed all day. They also had a good deal on margaritas and beer for two for £10. It was really nice to be able to get a beer with the fast food, something that's common in Europe but not so much over here.
The staff were amazing, friendly and helpful when I said it was my first visit. The restaurant itself is bright and clean, a bit like the inside of a Subway or McDonald's but nicer.
The prices are about £6-£10 but considering a foot long at Subway or a meal box at KFC would cost about the same I think it's great value for better food than you'd get at any other fast food place. I'm a total convert and I'll be going here anytime I need a quick lunch from now on!

1  Thank Kirsty M
There are newer reviews for Pinto Mexican Kitchen

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I'd had a go at portion sizes, but it's back to it's best. If you're having a burrito in Glasgow, this is the place to go.

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I love Mexican food and never knew this place existed until last night when I decided I wanted a burrito and my boyfriend told me about this place. Went in and the restaurant was bright and clean with a subway style chain of ingredients you can add. There is a good choice of fillings to choose from, although some of the meat looks very dry. They burrito was huge and ifI anyone watches man v food it looks like something you would see on there. Burrito was lovely and ingredients tasted fresh, the only thing id have preferred it hot. I'd go back again to try other things on the menu.

1  Thank Travelling_Tinkerbel
Reviewed April 1, 2013

If you're really hungry, want your food fast so you can get on with whatever, this is perfectly fine. On entering the decor is hot and fun as you'd expect and the place was full of young folk and student types. As a fast food experience it is too similar to that of Subway (which I HATE) and my heart sank. I was hoping for ..... well, not sure, but hungry teenager was unfazed. A production line, it certainly is! The food, was okay in itself, the meat likely to be over processed and salty, but the veg looked fresh and with Mexican you can't really taste anything for the amalgamation of 'gloop' that accompanies it anyway (which I have to admit was tasty). Best of all we were out of there in no time at all. There's a place for this (and much better than most fast food franchises in the respect) but not a patch on a decent Mexican experience.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I love the create-your-own meal way of things, and the food was really nice and spicy but not to over the top. I would really reccomend it if your passing by.