I had to book a family room as I had nowhere else to go and all the single rooms were taken. The man on front desk was approachable and was very welcoming. My room was a family room, so I had lots of space, which was nice. The internet worked well, but not super well, meaning, it cut out often.
The room was clean and I had no problems with anything except the fact that there was no bathroom in the room and I had to walk downstairs to get to one. However, it was clean and it was never so busy that there was always a line to use it.
The bed was a little bit uncomfortable, but I've been in way worse. I didn't lose any sleep over it, so it was fine.
The location is fine, but it feels a bit far and out of the way to me. It is also located on a hill that can be incredibly steep depending from which direction you come from.
I had breakfast in the morning and it was alright, but it wasn't anything too special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Court Guest House is situated in the heart of the city centre. The guest house has been awarded 2 stars by the Scottish Tourist Board, With FREE WIFI Access, 24 hour reception, continental or Scottish Breakfast and open all year round. We are a Family Run Guest House here to help you make the Most of your Trip whether it be for Business, pleasure, Shopping, Sightseeing or Just to Get away from it all for the weekend. It is a traditional town house building, just a stones throw away from many of the main attractions of Glasgow. The guest house is close to all the main amenities, attractions, theatres, cinemas, pubs, clubs, Hampden Park, SECC, ABC, Glasgow Science Centre, Kelvingrove Art Galleries & Museum, Transport Museum, Kings Theatre, Royal Concert Hall also located on the same street as the Famous Glasgow School of Art and various major shopping centres. Furthermore, a great number of restaurants offering a variety of cuisines are only a short stroll away. The excellent location of the guest house ensures that there are reliable and frequent transport links to and from the Glasgow and Prestwick Airport. In addition, the Buchanan Bus Station, Queen Street Station and Central Station are all less than a mile, making this guest house an excellent choice for those on business and likewise, those visiting Glasgow in order to soak in the ambience of the city.We offer excellent, competitive prices all year round as well as a comfortable stay with friendly staff available at all times should you require any assistance.We also have Hair dryers , extra Blankets irons and pillows available for our Guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, HostelWorld, Expedia, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hampton Court Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Court Guesthouse Hotel Glasgow
- Hampton Court Guesthouse Glasgow, Scotland