I stayed here for 2 nights as I was down in Glasgow for a course.
The room itself was fine, small with no window (which wasn't a problem) comfortable bed, ensuite shower room, free wifi, really friendly staff and a lovely breakfast!
The thin walls were a huge problem. The first night/early morning I was woken at around 4.30 as the man in the room next to be was on the phone or dictating something for around an hour. I don't think he was speaking particularly loudly but he could have been in the same room as me and I could have taken notes has he required.
The second night from around 8pm until around 3/4am the man in the room next to me. (same room different man) spent the entire time sounding like he was puking his guts up, retching from the soles of his feet. (seeing him the next day I think it was coughing) but I couldn't sleep because of it and at one point at around 1am seriously thought of getting up and just checking into a different place just to get some sleep. As a woman traveling on her own I wasn't confident enough to leave my room at that time and go to reception (no phone in the room). Also how can you complain about someone who has an illness.
For this reason, having 2 nights of disturbed sleep I wouldn't go back which is a shame because aside from that it was a nice place and very cheap.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Court Guest House is situated in the heart of the city centre. The guest house has been awarded 2 stars by the Scottish Tourist Board, With FREE WIFI Access, 24 hour reception, continental or Scottish Breakfast and open all year round. We are a Family Run Guest House here to help you make the Most of your Trip whether it be for Business, pleasure, Shopping, Sightseeing or Just to Get away from it all for the weekend. It is a traditional town house building, just a stones throw away from many of the main attractions of Glasgow. The guest house is close to all the main amenities, attractions, theatres, cinemas, pubs, clubs, Hampden Park, SECC, ABC, Glasgow Science Centre, Kelvingrove Art Galleries & Museum, Transport Museum, Kings Theatre, Royal Concert Hall also located on the same street as the Famous Glasgow School of Art and various major shopping centres. Furthermore, a great number of restaurants offering a variety of cuisines are only a short stroll away. The excellent location of the guest house ensures that there are reliable and frequent transport links to and from the Glasgow and Prestwick Airport. In addition, the Buchanan Bus Station, Queen Street Station and Central Station are all less than a mile, making this guest house an excellent choice for those on business and likewise, those visiting Glasgow in order to soak in the ambience of the city.We offer excellent, competitive prices all year round as well as a comfortable stay with friendly staff available at all times should you require any assistance.We also have Hair dryers , extra Blankets irons and pillows available for our Guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Hampton Court Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Court Guesthouse Hotel Glasgow
- Hampton Court Guesthouse Glasgow, Scotland