“decent”

Ranked #12 of 36 Glasgow B&B and Inns
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“decent”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We booked a triple room which is unfortunately not a en-suite. but the toilet is clean and convenient. The room is quiet and deserve the money. but the cup is not clean. The Scottish breakfast is delicious and the service is very well.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Han_g85

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Polish first
Brighouse, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed here in November 2011 for a short city break and found it perfectly adequate for our needs. We certainly weren't put off by the negative reviews on here. Superb location bang in the centre of Glasgow on a street parallel to the bustling Sauchiehall Street. Room was pretty basic but was comfortable and the gentleman on reception was very welcoming and gave us some recommendations on what to see in Glasgow. The breakfast room is fine if a little dated and the breakfast was perfectly adequate even though we were overlooked intitially by the waiting staff but that was more down to how busy the breakfast room was! All in all, a decent guest house in a good location.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I stayed at the guesthouse for 3 nights in a single room. The room was very dated and had no window - after investigating I found that 8/9 rooms on the ground level are without windows. Surely that is illegal!? The room has aircon but it is so loud that you will have to put your tv on full volume to drown it out so don't even think about leaving it on while you sleep. Dispite the ever enclosing walls of the small and confined space, the staff were always very friendly and helpful with whatever you needed. The location is great for the Glasgow art school but is at least at 10-15 min walk to the city center depending on where you want to go. Although the service was lovely I would never stay here again or reccomend it purely because the lack of windows was a truly disturbing experience.

• Stayed August 2012
Bristol
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I actually didn't stay here and left not long after I arrived and booked myself in somewhere else straight away. I did not think it was a safe place to stay alone. It smelled all the way through the hotel, the linen was all very old and tired. It was very dodgy with unpleasant people hanging around. No en suite and just bathrooms on stair landings but did not specify this when booking. Dreadful. Do NOT stay here. Seriously. I don't know what hotel other positive reviewers about this establishment on here were staying at but it wasn't this one,

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank BristolTheo
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I can confirm the awful box rooms and awful smell, my room was not cleaned or new linen for the 5 days I was there, almost left on sight of room but was late at night.

If you like loud tvs, slamming doors at 3am this is its only attraction, only positive thing is it made me want to stay out all day so at least I learned much about the city.

Breakfast was ok but sausages very small and poor quality.

Just pay a bit more and avoid this place and similar places on Renfrew St, you wont regret it and will enjoy Glasgow 10000 fold believe me.

Im washing my t shirts as I write this to remove that smell

• Stayed August 2012
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I stayed at this Guest House for 2 nights in late July 2012. The Owner and staff at this hotel are charming and could not have been nicer. We had a basic small double with no window but it was clean and adequate for a short stay. The breakfast was far more than I expected and was served by a very polite lady. I could not have asked for more from the choices. We actually paid $45 per night and should we have paid $25 or even $35 I would have rated this property higher for value for money.

Room Tip: I was offered a larger room presumably with a window at an extra cost and suggest if you are not on...