“Honest and reliable accomodation at a price that's right”

Hampton Court Guesthouse
Ranked #20 of 36 Glasgow B&B and Inns
Bury, United Kingdom
“Honest and reliable accomodation at a price that's right”
Reviewed November 7, 2011

With a limited budget being balanced against central location, I was able to compromise and the Hampton Court Guesthouse more than met my needs for eight great days in the splendid city of Glasgow.

New to the area, i relied heavily on my sat nav and had no problems finding the place and was greeted by Imi, the polite owner who informed me of the parking rules (need vouchers to park on the road outside £6 for 24 hours) and gave me a free map of the streets (which i discovered to be much like New York and upon further enquiries discovered New York was actually based on the of Glasgow, copuing the grid structure of the roads)

The Sauchihall Street (think I have spelt that right) is two minutes walk away where you can find shops, eateries and a relaxed mix of people. My course was about 20 minutes walk away at the millenium hotel and the full breakfast, cereal, toast and coffee or tea served by the guesthouse staff, allowed for a pleasant walk to my course.

The en suit room at £30 a night - (Bargin) suited all my needs providing a clean bed, modern sat tv, free wi-fi and coffee/tea making facilities. On the nights i came back to the Hampton for food, I brought with me food bought from Tesco or another food outlet, ensuring i put the rubbish in the bin, i was happy to sit watching tv in my room with sushi and a bottle of beer.

Any queries I had, Imi was able to point me in the right direction and keep me informed. His only disappointment was that I made a choice not to have a full breakfast each morning, meaning he had too much bacon and sausage ! I was watching my weight!

As a person who enjoys the comforts of home, i was happy in my room, wether it was getting back at 6.30pm or 2.00am, there was always someone on hand.

So if you are looking for comfort, cleanliness, great breakfast service and overall advice on the area not too far from the centre of Glasgow look no further than the Hampton Court Guesthouse...

I write this review from the point that for what it cost, my expectations were exceeded...

Room Tip: My room had no windows which didnt bother me, but please mention if you want a room with a window.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Polish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed August 2, 2011

This place is extremely value for your money.We are a family of 4 adults. The room was a little tight, but we were expecting that for the price we paid. The breakfast was great, and the host were extremely friendly.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank jantanmc
glasgow
Reviewed June 20, 2011

Just Stayed at the Hampton Court Guest House with my Husband, very happy with our stay great location , great breakfast and excellent staff. When we arrived greeted by a very charming man , decor is a bit tired but that didn't really bother us the room we got was upstairs , very clean fresh and quiet at night , we came by train from central station which took us about 20 mins to find the place, The Manager was very helpful and knowledgeable about te local area and recommended a few good pubs , breakfast had a great choice and cooked to order very happy with everything we will definitely be back again would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: just ask the owner is really nice.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ainz1
istanbul
Reviewed May 25, 2011

Me and my friend stayed for about 4 nights in this hotel. The rooms were very comfortable. The price was very cheap. The breakfast was very delicious and rich. The hotel was very good when compared to the price. The staff was cheerful and very helpful. tey helped us for every thing we needed. The owner of the hotel has changed 3 months ago. They do their business in a very careful and a professional manner. They did their best to make us happy. The staff worked as a travel agency. We did all our reservations asked them every thing about the city and the shopping facilities, we did not need to go to any travel agency. We were very happy and satisfied during our stay.

Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank cceylan
Rotherham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 11, 2011

Stayed one night, early April. arrived by train only 20 mins walk from Queen street station, or if you prefer take a taxi. Very close to Saucieshall street and the main shopping centre.
Booked through booking.com only paid £40 for the room. The chef cooked breakfast early for us, as we had an early morning train to catch for Oban.
Excellent value for money with breakfast included, ideal for a city break, great location, will definitely be going back.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank adey987
peterhead
Reviewed November 14, 2009

stayed for five days staff were great cheap and cheerful what else do you need well maybe some more bedding found it cold through oot the night though very nice people will be back

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank oman987
Glasgow
Reviewed September 23, 2009

Do not stay here.
The staff are really dodgy and i needed to call the police in the middle of the night as one used their key to come into my room without knocking and for no reason!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
3 Thank GlasgowLouise

Travelers are raving about these Glasgow hotels