With a limited budget being balanced against central location, I was able to compromise and the Hampton Court Guesthouse more than met my needs for eight great days in the splendid city of Glasgow.
New to the area, i relied heavily on my sat nav and had no problems finding the place and was greeted by Imi, the polite owner who informed me of the parking rules (need vouchers to park on the road outside £6 for 24 hours) and gave me a free map of the streets (which i discovered to be much like New York and upon further enquiries discovered New York was actually based on the of Glasgow, copuing the grid structure of the roads)
The Sauchihall Street (think I have spelt that right) is two minutes walk away where you can find shops, eateries and a relaxed mix of people. My course was about 20 minutes walk away at the millenium hotel and the full breakfast, cereal, toast and coffee or tea served by the guesthouse staff, allowed for a pleasant walk to my course.
The en suit room at £30 a night - (Bargin) suited all my needs providing a clean bed, modern sat tv, free wi-fi and coffee/tea making facilities. On the nights i came back to the Hampton for food, I brought with me food bought from Tesco or another food outlet, ensuring i put the rubbish in the bin, i was happy to sit watching tv in my room with sushi and a bottle of beer.
Any queries I had, Imi was able to point me in the right direction and keep me informed. His only disappointment was that I made a choice not to have a full breakfast each morning, meaning he had too much bacon and sausage ! I was watching my weight!
As a person who enjoys the comforts of home, i was happy in my room, wether it was getting back at 6.30pm or 2.00am, there was always someone on hand.
So if you are looking for comfort, cleanliness, great breakfast service and overall advice on the area not too far from the centre of Glasgow look no further than the Hampton Court Guesthouse...
I write this review from the point that for what it cost, my expectations were exceeded...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Court Guest House is situated in the heart of the city centre. The guest house has been awarded 2 stars by the Scottish Tourist Board, With FREE WIFI Access, 24 hour reception, continental or Scottish Breakfast and open all year round. We are a Family Run Guest House here to help you make the Most of your Trip whether it be for Business, pleasure, Shopping, Sightseeing or Just to Get away from it all for the weekend. It is a traditional town house building, just a stones throw away from many of the main attractions of Glasgow. The guest house is close to all the main amenities, attractions, theatres, cinemas, pubs, clubs, Hampden Park, SECC, ABC, Glasgow Science Centre, Kelvingrove Art Galleries & Museum, Transport Museum, Kings Theatre, Royal Concert Hall also located on the same street as the Famous Glasgow School of Art and various major shopping centres. Furthermore, a great number of restaurants offering a variety of cuisines are only a short stroll away. The excellent location of the guest house ensures that there are reliable and frequent transport links to and from the Glasgow and Prestwick Airport. In addition, the Buchanan Bus Station, Queen Street Station and Central Station are all less than a mile, making this guest house an excellent choice for those on business and likewise, those visiting Glasgow in order to soak in the ambience of the city.We offer excellent, competitive prices all year round as well as a comfortable stay with friendly staff available at all times should you require any assistance.We also have Hair dryers , extra Blankets irons and pillows available for our Guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Hampton Court Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Court Guesthouse Hotel Glasgow
- Hampton Court Guesthouse Glasgow, Scotland