Alexander Thomson Hotel
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
1,982 results
All reviewscentral stationluggage roombottled waterbuffet stylecity centreiron and ironing boardfifth floorbreakfast was includedtea and coffeeflat screen tvcooked breakfastself servicebreakfast roomroom was largewould stay againmain shoppingyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 2, 2013

we had room 401, after reading the reviews just before going to glasgow i was a quite poor run down hotel but was pleasantly surprised, excellent value, good room great breakfast and good staff in central hotel, only moan is the pillows are flat with no flexibility in them, but overall good hotel & a good price

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Very spacious room, clean and good value for the price paid. Very convenient for a stop over or travel from Central Station. Not much round about the hotel - mostly boarded up buildings, not a very nice area really.

Looked a little tired - especially the public areas. Arrived about 1.00pm and receptionist was rather blunt in pointing out that rooms are not available until 2.00pm. Seemed like it was policy, rather than a case of room not being ready. I was quite happy to leave my luggage and return in the evening - only to find the room type requested and agreed at 1.00pm, was not available. Breakfast seemed a bit overcooked, and kept warm for too long.

Okay for a cheap stop over but not that great....!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank heidotheroad
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Check-in date:01 March 2013

“when i got my first room i was shocked to see such a mess of a room (hand prints on walls, holes in ironing board cover, broken lampshade, stains on the bed throw and on bed sheets!) I quickly left the room and headed for reception the girl sorted me out with a refurbished room which was immaculate i was so impressed (why wasnt i put there first) my second evening i thought i would nip to the bar for a wee drink before i went out at 7.30pm unfortunately there was nobody at all not even a member of staff there i gave up after 15mins and decided just to go outside and wait on my friend. outside there was nowhere to dispose of cigarrette ends which was ashame for the entrance. on departure which is 10.30am (even on sundays) i went to hand in my room key to reception and the receptionist seemed far too busy chatting on the phone to even thank me for my stay let alone ask me about it however was very quick to call me a taxi when i interrupted her call.

Room Tip: ask for a refurbished room on arrival
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank HappyDay86
Reviewed March 29, 2013

having looked at the reviews for this hotel i thought i would book it anyway and see for my self. the room was very clean the bathroom exceptional the shower was one of the best i have ever seen.Yes it is on a noisy street but i managed to sleep and i am a light sleeper. The only complaint for myself was the bed was to soft. but my husband was pleased because he likes a soft bed. Some people said in the reviews that the rooms were cold our room was very warm indeed. The breakfast was very good to you helped yourself and could go back for extras.Nothing else to say really we enjoyed our stay and i would recomend this hotel to other people.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the back if you are a light sleeper
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank singnellie
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

As with Leeds kizza, this is awful. My room smelt of something akin to what you'd find in a back alley. The shower room was decent enough at first glance until I showered and the shower head seal had broken and was shooting hit water over the ceiling and floor. The ceiling even had a wear patch where this was. The overall appearance of the hotel was dark and depressing. Location was good. Breakfast was the best thing as I left after. Staff need to look at what customer service is and how to do it as it seemed an mission to get anything.

Avoid, don't go - EVER