Alexander Thomson Hotel
$100
$84
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Glasgow Marriott Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
$78
$94
PremierInn.com
  • Free Internet
1,983 results
All reviewscentral stationluggage roombottled waterbuffet stylecity centreiron and ironing boardfifth floorbreakfast was includedtea and coffeeflat screen tvcooked breakfastself servicebreakfast roomroom was largewould stay againmain shoppingyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I normally trip advise every hotel I stay in but didn't on this occasion as it was for work. However now I wish I had, it was disgusting plus I froze to death. Bearing in mind it's in Scotland and we are in artic conditions you would think they'd wack the heating up but no my 1 radiator was turned up full and did nothing. Although I suppose the broken window that wouldn't close properly didn't help so I wedged a pillow in there to stop the draft but that didn't help. On top if it the actual radiator was covered in dust and dust was hanging off in dangling and blowing onto the floor. Further the shower which was semi decent however the base of it had loads of hair which just made me want to be sick. Lastly I wake up to a bite on my face, a white red dot, therefore you can imagine my horror when I am in important meetings all day. This is not a three star and what a waste of £39 which I will be contacting there head office about and getting a refund. Not impressed and I would not recommend this to anyone!!!!! and the staff when I called said that is how all rooms are and there is nothing they can do, shocking I tell you.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank LeedsKizza
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed here the previous year and came back, so it can't be that bad. This time the person on reception was off-hand and kept us waiting. The room was a good size, everything in it worked great, and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast buffet is good for filling up on, but I would have liked some more healthy options. The value is unbeatable if booked well in advance.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stayed in this hotel overnight. After meeting the not-so-nice lady on the reception desk we were put in a room at the back near the utility room. In our room was some piece of machinery (possibly a water pump) in the cupboard. The pump went off every 5 minutes for a couple of minutes each time making sleep somewhat difficult. I went to Reception to find out if there were any other rooms available as the pump was keeping us awake. The guy on the front reception desk was incredibly rude and after 5 minutes of him begrudgingly searching for a room and me apologising for the inconvenience, we were moved to another room. The room we were moved to was very nice and luckily - no pumps to be heard anywhere. All-in-all you do get what you pay for at this hotel...and I will never stay there again on trips back to Glasgow or would I recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jessica c
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I suppose you get what you pay for. Small room, small bed. Not too clean either, the paintwork on the bathroom door was dirty as was the window paint work. Very much in need of some TLC. Buffet breakfast, which my husband loves was ok. Good choice - and there was mushrooms, but everything just seemed to be the cheapest, and it was cold.All this we could have accepted but...Woke up in the morning to find a CONDOM beside the bed. It had obviously fallen out of the bedding while we slept ( honestly it had nothing to do with my husband and I) I didn't examine it but looked as if it had been through the wash with the sheets. Manager did apologise and said he would look in to it. We got - wait for it a glass of wine each as way of apology. Needless to say will not be going back nor would I recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TillylodgeShona
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Greeted on arrival by a helpful receptionist who was very informative! Took the lift to my room on floor 2, wasn't slow at all don't really understand the moaning about it?! Anyway the room....wow! For £39 I wasn't expecting such a lovely place! Was allocated a twin room as requested and it was huge! decor was lovely, seems very upmarket for a budget hotel! Bottles of mineral water and biscuits provided with the tea and coffee facilities, quite an impressive range of choice of tea and coffee's etc. Bathroom was beautiful, brilliant power-shower that I didn't want to get out of haha! The hotel was clean, spacious, modern and comfortable - what more can you ask for!? Highly recommend over your typical budget hotel, I ususally stay at the easyHotel/Ibis Budget/Holiday Inn, but for an extra few quid I'd highly recommend this place. the location (a 60 second walk from Glasgow Central Station) is an added bonus! Amazing!

Room Tip: Request a twin, larger rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends