“Poor "Taste" in Bishopbriggs”

Taste Indian Restaurant
Ranked #730 of 2,407 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Cowcaddens
Glasgow
“Poor "Taste" in Bishopbriggs”
Reviewed December 11, 2011

THE TASTE (Old Shimla Palace)
I visited this Indian Restaurant on Saturday 3/12/11 with my wife ,daughter and her partner. Where to start well when we were shown to our table we were in the throws of taking our jackets off and the waiter said “What drinks would you like”.to sit down would be nice three soft drinks I asked for what was advertised as draft Tennets Special only to be told its in a can?
We decided not to go with the buffet and ordered our starters Chicken pakora and Chicken tikka pakora, the Chicken pakora was nice .The tikka pakora was very soft and looked slightly under cooked
Our main meals were Lamb tikka , Bhona Chicken,, Chicken tikka masala and Chicken jhalfrezie
.The Bhona Chicken according to my wife was fine the Chicken jhal frazie also was nice
Chicken tikka masala had no taste as if some thing was missing (like the main flavour) I asked for the chicken tikka masala to be boxed to take home , when I got home my daughter ordered the same meal from a local take a way and what a difference one with no taste and the other well lets just say it was Chicken tikka masala.
The Lamb Tikka was of very poor quality under cooked lumps of fat and I mean lumps of fat/gristle when it was brought from the kitchen there was no sizzle to it .I have eaten this meal many a time and this is the worst I have tasted I returned ¾ of the meal we ordered nan bread this was served buffet style cut up into squares we also ordered a portion of chips this was a plentiful portion. In total the meal came to £66
Defiantly not worth the money.
I met a some friends in the restaurant who were having the buffet they had no complaints but did say they had the A La Cart before and it was poor but next visit tried the buffet and have stuck to this.

• Visited December 2011