“Lovely wee place”

Neighborhood: West End
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Lovely wee place”
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

Went here for for the second time on a Saturday morning to catch up with a friend who was in from out of town. Staff were all very pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was ok, but the lunch I had on a previous visit was truly tastey. Atmosphere was lovely and made the experience all over very pleasant. Will definitely be back.

Visited February 2014
AvenueGCafe, Manager at Avenue Coffee, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Hi
Just a quick note to say thank you so much for giving us such a positive review. We're working very hard to keep improving what we offer - so we're listening to all of our customers to see where we can improve. Your feedback is an important part of that, so thankyou.

Best wishes

Highland Perthshire, Scotland
“A great wee Café on Byres Rod.”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We were at the Jack Vettriano Retrospective exhibition at the Kelvin Grove Art Gallery and when we came out, we had a wander round the corner and up Byres Road in search of a bit of late light lunch.

We were not disappointed when we found the Avenue G Café.

The staff we friendly and helpful in this nice wee café and the service was excellent. The food was delicious and nicely presented on wooden platters. Try the soup of the day and the savoury tart

We finished off our lunch with two very delicious cups of coffee.

Well worth a visit if you are in the Byres Road area of Glasgow.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank charlie_brown123
AvenueGCafe, Manager at Avenue Coffee, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Hi Charlie.
Thank you very much for giving us all five stars in your review! We appreciate you taking the time to give us such positive feedback, especially as we work so hard to get things right and keep improving what we offer to our customers. With so much competition on Byres Road alone, it's important to us that we stand out amongst the crowd, and reviews like yours really help us to do that - so we are very grateful.
Kind regards

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Love it”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Someone in my work recommend Avenue G to me knowing I like my coffee and I'm glad they did. It's the best cup of coffee I've had in Glasgow. It's not the biggest but I quite like it that way and it's always busy which has got to be a good sign :) They do lovely food. I have had salads, sandwiches, soup and cake, I recommend it all. They do some nice smoothies to. Would definitely recommend a stop here if you are in the area

• Visited January 2014
AvenueGCafe, Manager at Avenue Coffee, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Hi Smile35
Thankyou so much for hitting us with all five stars in your review! We work very hard here to try and get it right, so when somebody like you recognises the effort - and appreciates it - then it means all the more.
If you're really into coffee, then keep your eyes peeled for our new speciality coffee house on 321 Great Western Rd - opening next week! It'll still be Avenue G, but with a stripped down food menu and the balance swinging more in the direction of serious coffee: more brew methods, more obsession! Looking forward to seeing you there.
Thanks again for taking the time to review us.
London, UK
“Great place for breakfast”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Love Avenue G. They serve up great coffee and amazing eggs/ham breakfast. My kids and I love it there. Only problem for us is getting in, its always busy, there's a lot of us and not a lot of space. But once in there are many treats to be had!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank LouLondon_UK
AvenueGCafe, Manager at Avenue Coffee, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Hi Lou
Just a wee note to say thankyou so much for taking time out to review us, and with such positive feedback. We're finding that our baked eggs are becoming a 'signature dish', so I'm really glad you enjoy them. You're right - sometimes we struggle for space but I suppose we just have to make do with what we have! Here's hoping that we get a little dry weather soon - at least people will be able to sit outside in the sun!

Thanks again
scotland
“Better than average”
Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

Nice coffee although not that hot but I'm lead to believe flat White should be served that way. I should of asked for it extra hot. Sandwich pretty decent but nothing spectacular. The service was slow, coffee came quickly but food 20 mins later despite being quiet. "

Visited January 2014
AvenueGCafe, Manager at Avenue Coffee, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Hi borisbab

Thanks for taking the time to review us. You're right, the Flat Whites are generally served slightly cooler. This keeps the sweetness in the milk, and keeps your tastebuds alive so you can taste the subtleties of the espresso below. That said, it would have been no problem to ask for another one extra hot: we're always happy to accommodate particular tastes.

Service wise, I'd appreciate if you sent me a message on info@avenue-g.com so I can get a bit more context as to what date & time you visited and find out why it took so long for your sandwich to arrive. If not, then I do hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Kind regards