“Worth a pre-theatre visit”

Roma Mediterranean Restaurant
Ranked #348 of 2,591 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: City Centre
Description: Great Italian and Mediterranean food in Glasgow ,near theatre and Buchanan galleries
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Visited Roma with friends, for the second time, before going to a show at The Pavilion Theatre. I like the "60s" style (in my opinion) decor but it is getting a little tired and the seating in the booths is a bit uncomfortable - could do with new cushions! However, the food is very tasty and well-presented and the staff are very efficient. Prices for the food and wine are very reasonable and I would recommend a visit.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Called in on a thursday night for dinner by myself whilst working in glasgow approx 8pm
Big restuarant , and it was empty, about another 6 people in the restuarant.
Was shown a table. The waiter took my drink and food order at the same time !
Only had a main course , chicken wrapped in ham cheese with vegatbales.
The meal was nice, service was average to poor, and no atmosphere.
I sure the reatuarant would be buzzing at the weekend ....it would need to be to survive, but i definitley wouldnt return midweek

Reviewed July 24, 2012

My wife and I found a "2 dine for £12.99" deal on the Clyde 1 website and thought "Why not?!"

We were very pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food, service and wine and couldn't really fault the dining experience.

Whenever I've had a deal from groupon or similar schemes Is somethimes feel like we're treated differently but that certainly wasn't the case here.

We were very impressed with a great value for money deal and wouldn't hesitate to return to sample their full menu.

Food:
I had chicken wings (slow cooked in chilli, rosemary and garlic) and Pollo Alla Pepe which was an italian take on chicken in peppercorn sauce. Both these dishes were beautifully balanced, well presented and were a good size. I have a big appetite and was well satisfied. Outside of the deal I rounded my meal off with a great wee lemon meringue cheesecake and a double espresso.

(My wife had bruschetta and a cold meat salad followed by a chocolate fudge cake. She didn't leave anything. She said all the ingredients were fresh and tasty and dishes beautifully presented.)

Wine:
We had a bottle of Fiano, a south italian white wine which was very tasty and easy to drink.

Service:
The all-Italian staff were great. Polite and attentive without being intrusive.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

Haven't been in in a while but as always very clean, and very attentive staff. The food was beautiful (cocktails a tad pricey), and waiting time wasn't long at all considering how much we had ordered.

1  Thank SMBSLT
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Very nice Restaurant, they have a very good priced daytime 2 course mean for 5.95 per person, which has a great selection considering the price.

My usual is the mozzarella fritters and Carbanara, you would think for the price that your would receive a small helping as part of the main course but that is not the cause from my 4 or 5 times visiting this place I would say I have never left unsatisfied.

Note that the soft drinks are quite pricey.

1  Thank Naka2411