“Perfection........”

Don Costanzo
Ranked #434 of 2,520 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Don Costanzo is an Italian Restaurant located in the basement of 13 Woodside Crescent, Glasgow G3. Formerly the location of Nick Nairn's restaurant, it has been transformed into a warm, homely welcoming restaurant where you can enjoy the best of authentic, home cooked Italian cuisine. Don Costanzo was opened after the closure of The Caprese in Buchanan Street, a long established restaurant of 26 years, owned and run by Costanzo Cacace and his family. Costanzo gained the reputation of offering the best of the best to the best of the best. Clientèle from across the globe, famous and not so famous, enjoyed what Costanzo offered in the Caprese - fantastic food in a great atmosphere - and those people have returned to Don Costanzo for more of the same. Using only the best ingredients and produce, and with an impressive wine list to suit every taste, a trip to Costanzo's will not disappoint. Easily reached from both the city centre and west end with plentiful street parking and good transport links.
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Thank you to Don Costanzo and his wonderful family/team for making my husband and I feel so welcome last night(Sat 3rd May 2014). We had never heard of this restaurant, until I read a review in yesterday's Daily Record, and telephoned for a reservation. From the telephone call, which was so helpful and accommodating, to the welcome we received, and the food in between, I cannot compliment highly enough. We loved the freshly baked bread...the soup, the caprese, the fillet steak, the fish, the deep fried baby courgettes,the tiramsu, the poached pears and ice cream....delightful. The advice from Don Costanzo himself, regarding his menu for the evening, was first class, and I think in future, we'll do as was described in someone else's review..we'll leave the menu choices up to the man himself. We think we have found a "find".....we can't wait to return later this coming week, with some of our family....Many thanks for such a wonderful experience...outside Rome or Venice!!!

2  Thank EmmjayMotherwell

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Went here for dinner before going to The Stand Comedy Club. Best Italian food i have had since i was in Rome. Can not recommend it highly enough. The Staff are excellent and totally look after you, the are very polite and conscientious. They dont crowd you dont push you & have just the right amount of good chat. Drinks appeared in a heartbeat as did the bibs to save our shirts. The food was delicious, a great menu & a fab range of specials. All four of us talked about it throughout the rest of our evening. We will definitely be back. I kid you not if you want great Italian food in Glasgow look no further.

2  Thank Beerhunter1972
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Great food and lovely people in a cosy setting. I simply cannot understand why anyone would leave a negative review . Cant wait to be back in Glasgow and enjoy the excellent food hospitality at Don Costanzo.

1  Thank John B
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Cannot believe the reviews of this restaurant. Went there with my friend on Friday evening. The place was drab and the food was terrible and overpriced. I loved the Caprese and had high hopes of this place -will not be returning..

5  Thank MAE186534
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Reading through the reviews, I find it hard to believe that anyone has left a bad review about this place. We visited here recently as a family for my son's birthday and the first thing that struck me was how incredibly friendly and welcoming all the staff were. I loved the personal touch also that the chef comes out to chat with everyone to make sure all is well, it felt like we were guests in his home. Also, the staff just couldn't do enough for us. The chef made a special seafood pasta dish just for my son, which wasn't even on the menu. Also, when I ordered a dish that wasn't to my taste (not because it was in any way badly cooked) the chef whisked it away, without hesitation and made me something else, because he wanted to make sure we all had a lovely meal. I honestly don't think I have ever come across such amazing service at any other restaurant. All the waitresses were just so lovely and friendly and made a fuss of our two wee boys. I would definitely recommend this to everyone.

2  Thank Fish_doctor2014