“Class”

Punjabi Charing Cross
Ranked #96 of 2,407 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Set in the heart of Glasgow, Punjabi Charing Cross offers a dining experience unique to all. Whether it is for an intimate meal, to take the family out or even to enjoy a curry with a group of friends, our restaurant will provide a unique experience. Why not start your meal with our unique starters which range from delicious keema padora to our much heralded lamb chops or even our freshly cooked fish pakora. Our curries are cooked the punjabi way and retain a unique depth of flavour. Why not try our traditional lamb on the bone or even the chicken equivalent. Other curries such as our lamb chilli ginger and our punjabi garlic chilli provide a unique twist to the classic curry everyone loves. No description of the Punjabi would be complete without mentioning our newest creation:the lamb Gurmeet.With such depth of choice one visit is simply not enough.
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
“Class”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Went to Punjabi as a result of reading TA reviews. We wern't disappointed. The food was really goo and ther service excellent. All the usual favourites plus excellent house specialities. Special praise for the spiced red onion that came with poppadoms, the best I've ever had. The wife loved the Haggis starter and last but not leased, the superb Garlic Naan. Well worth a visit.

Visited June 2013

Glasgow
“Excellent Indian restaurant”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We decided to visit Punjabis Charing Cross after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor.... and we are so glad we did. A dinner for four people this evening... excellent food, all four starters and four main courses were very well cooked, nice balance of spice and flavour. Lovely staff, very welcoming and attentive.
Good value for money, have paid more in other places for less quality.
We will be back and until we are, we will be ordering the takeaway from here!
Thank you to the staff who served us today, lovely people.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great Food”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I picked this restaurant from Trip advisor and I was very pleased with it. Great food, good prices and good service. I was there on 15/6/13 about 7.30pm and it seemed a bit quiet but by the time we had eaten it was fairly busy. We had vegetable pakora which was very good, I had chefs special dopiaza which was superb and my wife had King prawn chilli which she rated as very good. We also had a portion of rice and a nan bread which was one of the best nans I have ever tasted. We finished with gulab jamin for one and a white coffee and including avery nice bottle of Pinot Grigio the bill was just under £50 which left me very impressed indeed. The staff were very pleasant and acring and on the whole an excellent dining experience. I shall return.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“08/06/13”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

A group of us came here for a meal to celebrate my leaving night. The food was really very well prepared and extremely tasty. I ordered a chicken chasni. The chicken was so tender and the sauce a perfect blend of sweet and sour, with just a little kick of spice. We ordered 3 rice between 5 of us and 2 naan (which were absolutely huge) and this was enough. The biggest surprise came at the end of the night with the bill. All I can say is that it was extremely reasonable (coming in at just over £10 over £10 per head, and that was including alcoholic drinks). I will Definitely be coming back here again!

scotland
“Outstanding”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Glasgow is hard to beat for a curry but this was outstanding. For starters, we shared, the seabass, haggis pakora and a mustard chicken dish. All great, but the seabass was the star. I have a bee in my bonnet about curries that are too sweet. No such problem here. I went for chicken pasanda and - without the usual sweetness of other restaurants - you could actually taste the sauce. Yes, it looks like a pub but worth it for the unbeatable food.

• Visited May 2013