“Rude waitress and offensive manager”
Review of Viva Brazil

Viva Brazil
Ranked #133 of 2,488 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Authentic Brazilian steakhouse, offering unlimited supply of fifteen different cuts of BBQ meat served at the table
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We had a works night out at Viva Brazil, 18 people attended and paid £25 for a £23.99 meal. On leaving the meal, it was noted one person paid £5 in excess of the buffet price. She explained to the waitress what happened...the manager quickly intervened and became offensive and angry towards her. As I had arranged the meal I tried to sort it out and likewise was left insulted and quite frankly upset by how the manager spoke to us. He wasn't willing to listen and instead kept shouting at us, which caused unnecessary attention to us from the other customers.

No matter how much we tried to explain what happened in a calm, reasonable way, we informed the manager that our bill was still in excess as everyone had paid an extra £1 (which was going to be used as a service charge). The manager "Angelo" was unwilling to listen and told us he wasn't charging us for service despite our party leaving almost £20 in excess. He completely refused to acknowledge this and became more truculent. Despite trying to explain further, he shouted at us and his waitress then told us she had a "degree in business and economics and business " and we couldn't do maths.
The manager was rude, offensive and lacks people skills. He had absolutely no diplomacy in resolving a dispute. He caused unnecessary upset and stress and his staff were allowed to make inappropriate comments to the customers. I will never dine here again, I was treated atrociously. To also add, the food was average (poor cuts of meat/fatty) and the waiter missed our end of the table on numerous occasions.

The manager should reconsider his "skills" and find a more suitable job as it is evident his manner is losing custom.

3  Thank LVWynn

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Went on a busy Saturday afternoon.

Can't fault the service, we were offered more than enough meats and I felt it was good value for money. the place was clean and the toilets were immaculate.
I've given an average rating as, for me, the food was a let down. I felt the choice of Brazilian food at the salad bar wasn't great, there was plenty to choose from in general but a lot of it didn't really strike me a Brazilian food e.g. cubes of cheddar, french bread, salamis, coleslaw. I also felt that several of the meats (especially the chicken) were very strongly seasoned with salt - not to my taste. One thing to note, the red meats are generally cooked medium but you can request it to be cooked for longer.
A nice place to try for a different dining experience but the food alone would make me return.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Firstly I love eating as churrascarias! The meat was perfectly cooked and delicious to eat. What I did not like is that despite having the standard green 'feed me' /red 'no thanks' cards we only got one serving of any meat options on offer.

If we said no at that stage they stamped the card on our table and never returned.

My experience of other chains like Rodizio Rico is that they keep coming an offering you food until you burst. This was sadly not the case here!

£23 a head for the meat is a reasonable price but I would have expected return visits from the serving staff.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

So, the concept is that you keep getting meat of different descriptions bought to your table and you get to eat as much (or as little) as you like.
It kind-of works, but none of the meat is really good quality, and I got a bit bored (and full-up) after a while.
The service could have been better and the salad bar looked a bit of a mess.
I suppose its OK to try once, but my own experience is that I wouldn't want to go again.

Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Went there with some colleagues. Totally full of meat. Some of it was a little charred around the edges but overall quality and choice was very good.