“Save yourself from the buffet!”
Review of Viva Brazil

Viva Brazil
Ranked #143 of 2,552 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Authentic Brazilian steakhouse, offering unlimited supply of fifteen different cuts of BBQ meat served at the table
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The draw to this place is the meat that comes around on swords! It's a flat rate all you can eat. You start out at a salad bar the likes that I've never seen before! All kinds of cold and hot dishes salads and olives artichoke hearts and on and on. I think the goal is to fill you up on the salad so you don't eat so much meat. Well we had their number, after a light salad they started bringing he meat around, beef, pork, chicken and sausages. I was with a few picky eaters that either wanted the more well done or less well done and the staff was happy to oblige.
Drinks are a little on the pricey side but the wine was very reasonable and good.

Save the roasted pineapple with cinnamon for desert! Excelante!

2  Thank Earthbound-Traveler
Write a ReviewReviews (1,625)

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Visited Saturday 22nd June 2013 after people recommending restaurant to my wife. Distinctly unimpressed with the whole experience, after being seated and 'how it works' explained, we turned the disks to green and off we went.
First up server appeared with skewers of link sausage and chicken wrapped in bacon, quite nice and tasty... Then downhill.
Everything from this point on was either fatty or dripping blood. Leg of Lamb - more fat than meat, not edible. Rump steak - urghh no thanks, from a barbeque so burnt/cooked on outside blood red inside.
Guy came over just as we were about to give up with small meat looking things on the skewer and was told it was chicken hearts (always said I would try any food once), wife has since been told to slap me if I ever utter that phrase again lol I am 50 years old and first time I have ever spit something out whilst in a restaurant. Could still taste it the next day.
Little bowls they give you for skin and bones, they emptied 3 times as it was full of meat we refused to contemplate swallowing.
To be fair, restaurant was busy - but looking around I think it was 50/50, either people loved it or hated it. Many unhappy customers, but many seemingly enjoying it.
Strangely, I usually get by and always find something I like - but lunch for 2 £32.00 with drink and eating 1 link sausage, 1 piece chicken and 2 slice of bread - nah no thanks.

1  Thank bowmar977
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Went with 3 friends on Saturday afternoon before a show. It was only £13.95 to be fair but the meat was either too tough or too fatty or too full of bone. The salad bar was well stocked when we went and the service was fast. But a bit too fast. The first meat we had was flank and I do not think it should be grilled it was so tough and dry. I made a valiant effort but had to give in in the end. We had some pork on the bone and I got a good piece with some meat but my three friends didn't all get meat one only got the bone. There weren't any outstanding moments. I'm very glad we didn't pay a lot for it. I would not recommend it. We went to try it out none of us are impressed or in any hurry to repeat the experience.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We really enjoyed our trip to viva brazil, although by the end of it we were stuffed. The meats brought round were mostly the same selection I've had in other similar places and is lovely (although I think all our table thought the parmesan pork sounded better than it actually tasted). The salad bar was really good. There was a nice selection of hot veg and potato sides, but my favourites were the black beans with pork, and the garlic basmatic rice. Oh, and the cheese bread balls. I went back for second of all of those, despite all the meat I'd eaten. There's also garlic bread which is brought around in the same way as the meat.

We went on a Sunday, so the 19.95 GBP all you can eat included dessert. Confusingly, the menu lists four desserts (including a rich chocolate pudding which didn't sound appetising when we were all full) but the desserts we were offered were an entirely different selection, listed by the server. We all had ice cream, which was nice enough and a bit refreshing after the meal, but this isn't somewhere to come for the desserts.

Overall the place was nice. The tables were spaced well enough apart that you could move about without bumping into people. The serving staff were very friendly and helpful and kept our table stocked with water jugs and kept our bone bowl emptied.

None of our party were meat eaters, so I can't comment on the options for vegetarians. Several of the hot sides at the salad bar included meat, so I assume there are other options. If any of the party were vegetarians, or even not amazingly enthusiastic about meat, this wouldn't have been a great choice, but we had a lovely night.

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

We had lunch here which cost £14 per person. The servers cone round with different types of meats from the bbq.

The food was lovely and we both had a really nice time.

Would definitely go back again for lunch excellent value for money.