“Oh dear....”

Viva Brazil
Ranked #133 of 2,522 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Authentic Brazilian steakhouse, offering unlimited supply of fifteen different cuts of BBQ meat served at the table
Reviewed January 11, 2013

The idea is good - help yourself to salad etc, waiters bring skewers to your table and carve or serve you a bit.....

Totally let down by the quality of the meet served - I dont remember any of it being described as roast gristle but that was what we got!

For £45 a head (including drinks) I expect a lot better.

2  Thank DubaiWeegie
Write a ReviewReviews (1,604)

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Excellent concept and very tasty food, you would need to be a meat eater to enjoy the experience! Very friendly staff and choice of food is second to none!

Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed this restaurant, food was lovely & we were full. Staff were friendly enough. Not much atmosphere about it and still think its a bit overpriced. Still looking for a fabulous Brazilian restaurant that I'm really impressed with, this one is just average but I would go back.

1  Thank Avril R
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I went here on a Saturday night with my parents, i had never been before, i was looking forward to it, only to be disappointed. The buffet was awful, i went up for a starter but the choice was poor and ended up with some beetroot tomatoes and lettuce, nothing special. Went up (with the same plate) and got some rice and mashed potatoes, by the time the meat guys came round they were cold. Small slivers of various meats, some of which were very bloody, not for me. I did mention to one of the kilted waiters that i prefered my meat well done, he said he would come back, he did about 20 mins later....You could have sat there all night and just refilled your plate but not my idea of going out for a nice meal. For what we got it was very expensive so wont be back. As i say if its quantity over quality you will enjoy.

1  Thank ANNE B
Reviewed January 8, 2013

went to viva la brasil at the start of dec, had booked a table a couple of weeks in advance, it was busy as you would expect at christmas, but when I got there is become obvious they had no booking for us, we had to wait over an hour for our table, and the young staff did not appear to know what was going on, as they argued in front of customers. Fifteen different types of meat, I think not, try about 5, although the food its self was very tasty and in good supply. Drinks were a bit pricey and service at the bar diabolical. a great idea for a restaurant but clearly badly run, I was also angry that we were charged for the 'Full Rodizio and seafood', there was no seafood on offer at all!!! desserts were very cheap, nothing special, on three options, and my friends dessert was frozen! the girl at front of house did get us two bottles of free wine, as we waited for so long. However when my husband went there for his works christmas do it was the same idea they waited ages for their booked table, small choice of meats no seafood available. Its a shame as the food that was available was good, but unless you like lots of meat, this is not the place for you. Not sure if will go back.

1  Thank ak013271