“Quantity v Quality”

Viva Brazil
Ranked #136 of 2,542 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Authentic Brazilian steakhouse, offering unlimited supply of fifteen different cuts of BBQ meat served at the table
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I went here on a Saturday night with my parents, i had never been before, i was looking forward to it, only to be disappointed. The buffet was awful, i went up for a starter but the choice was poor and ended up with some beetroot tomatoes and lettuce, nothing special. Went up (with the same plate) and got some rice and mashed potatoes, by the time the meat guys came round they were cold. Small slivers of various meats, some of which were very bloody, not for me. I did mention to one of the kilted waiters that i prefered my meat well done, he said he would come back, he did about 20 mins later....You could have sat there all night and just refilled your plate but not my idea of going out for a nice meal. For what we got it was very expensive so wont be back. As i say if its quantity over quality you will enjoy.

1  Thank ANNE B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,613)

Reviewed January 8, 2013

went to viva la brasil at the start of dec, had booked a table a couple of weeks in advance, it was busy as you would expect at christmas, but when I got there is become obvious they had no booking for us, we had to wait over an hour for our table, and the young staff did not appear to know what was going on, as they argued in front of customers. Fifteen different types of meat, I think not, try about 5, although the food its self was very tasty and in good supply. Drinks were a bit pricey and service at the bar diabolical. a great idea for a restaurant but clearly badly run, I was also angry that we were charged for the 'Full Rodizio and seafood', there was no seafood on offer at all!!! desserts were very cheap, nothing special, on three options, and my friends dessert was frozen! the girl at front of house did get us two bottles of free wine, as we waited for so long. However when my husband went there for his works christmas do it was the same idea they waited ages for their booked table, small choice of meats no seafood available. Its a shame as the food that was available was good, but unless you like lots of meat, this is not the place for you. Not sure if will go back.

1  Thank ak013271
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Loved the traditional Brazilian BBQ concept. Different from anything else I've experienced here. Set price and all you can eat - particularly good for big appetites but really worth it for the experience. Good wine list.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Ive been here twice now, with partner and with a friend and her partner too. Both times, service has been shocking, wait a long time to be served drinks, the first time we were greeted by a very rude women, who didnt even explain to us what the deal with the restaurant was,m we then waited a good 20 mins before anyone even came near to ask if we wanted a drink.

secondly we booked to come here for hogmany, but get to the restaurant to find they didnt have a reservation for me, despite paying £40 deposit over the telephone when booking. We were stood at the bar for a while, and it was actually implied at first like we werent going to get a table, the place was EMPTY! after a while the manager found our reservation had been made for a different date, no apology or anything.

I doubt i will be back, but if you dont really care about service and want alot of good meat, then its very good for that.

2  Thank Stephanie O
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Having been several times befor,my partner and I thought this would be the perfect way to finish off a Christmasy day in town. We were given a 'Complimentary' cocktail which it later transpired we had paid for in the increased lunch price. While the fodd was as tasty as always the selection was not as good -garlic bread instead of steak with cheese through, doesn't add up to me. That said what we did have was lovely and the salad bar was superb. I do agree with previous post that the efforts of the restraint to inform customers was quite poor. Nowhere on the website or throughout the booking process (including the confirmation email and text) mentioned it and we only found out when a dessert was practically forced on us 'because we'd be paying for it anyway'. In short great food but not the best claity.

2  Thank Heather S