“Still good but missing something”
Review of Viva Brazil

Viva Brazil
Ranked #134 of 2,520 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Authentic Brazilian steakhouse, offering unlimited supply of fifteen different cuts of BBQ meat served at the table
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Having been several times befor,my partner and I thought this would be the perfect way to finish off a Christmasy day in town. We were given a 'Complimentary' cocktail which it later transpired we had paid for in the increased lunch price. While the fodd was as tasty as always the selection was not as good -garlic bread instead of steak with cheese through, doesn't add up to me. That said what we did have was lovely and the salad bar was superb. I do agree with previous post that the efforts of the restraint to inform customers was quite poor. Nowhere on the website or throughout the booking process (including the confirmation email and text) mentioned it and we only found out when a dessert was practically forced on us 'because we'd be paying for it anyway'. In short great food but not the best claity.

2  Thank Heather S

Reviewed December 22, 2012

We went on a Sunday dinner. for £19.50, you get the salad bar (which is quite abundant by itself) and then infite amounts of meat! Pleasently surprised!
Only disappointed by waiting time for drinks and the desserts - three options, and nothing special!

2  Thank CesareCamestre
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Went here last Saturday the waiters bring round varies meats on big skewers different cuts of steak, pork, chicken even sausages all from a grill.They just keep coming until you cant take anymore.also a buffet section with a good variety of foods, the food was great.the staff were also great,and the thing that really topped the night of were the dancers they were brilliant.For me this is not the sort of place you would visit on a regular basis its kind of a novelty but everyone must go here at least once.will go again and would highly recommend especially for groups of people rather than couples.

1  Thank John T T
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I have eaten lunch here a couple of times and the food is good, though very salty - expect to need about three soft drinks per person for a typical lunch. Dinner was more expensive so I was surprised to find there wasn't any wider selection of food on offer, the way the website suggests. The selection of desserts was very limited, three choices and none particularly appealing. We were even more surprised when the bill came as despite no mention of it on the menu online or my booking email, we had been charged for a "special" menu which basically included a watery cocktail in addition to the same menu I have had at lunch, for an additional £10 per person on top of the usual dinner price. They did change it and charge us for a normal dinner only after some discussion and showing my email booking and the menu online from my phone, as well as the barely touched cocktails still on the table. We paid up and waited 15 minutes for our change, but none was forthcoming. I will always tip but REALLY object to the assumption that they can keep the change.

Used the toilet before leaving and only discovered too late that there was no toilet roll. Grim. Also note that they offer a free bottle of wine with your first booking if you sign up for their email newsletter, but I know of three people who have done this and been unable to get a booking, despite being able to book for the same time without the offer code.

2  Thank Travelling1girl
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Really good evening - not too expensive for an eat as much as you want dinner. Salads and light meats at buffet service table. Meats brought to your table - again and ( I mean ) again ! Huge dessert. Shared wine with colleagues. Only £25 a head.

2  Thank Advisor1967