“Meatfest!!!!”

Viva Brazil
Ranked #318 of 2,570 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Authentic Brazilian steakhouse, offering unlimited supply of fifteen different cuts of BBQ meat served at the table
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I had lunch here today, been meaning to try it for ages. It didn't dissapoint - saladbar was lovely and the mashed potato is really nice.
Plenty of meat on offer, the beef is divine!
I've eaten so much, I'm not even sure I have room for dinner tonight!!!!

To the lovely female staff who served us today - I'm really sorry we had no change for a well deserved tip, but I will be back, so I'll make amends then!

3  Thank joanna c
Write a ReviewReviews (1,670)

Reviewed August 14, 2012

We have tried Brazilian Steakhouses in Florida and London (At the 02). We dined at Viva Brazil in July 2012. We got an offer of a free bottle of wine when joining the mailing list. The food was as good as a streak house in Florida and better than the 02. The staffs were friendly, helpful and frequent. The tables are a bit close together. The restaurant was not that busy when we arrived at the beginning of pre-theatre on a Wednesday, but everyone was sat at tables very near each other and sometimes it was hard to hear what each other was saying because of the loudness of other people.

2  Thank Freddie7790
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I booked the a table for 6 for Sunday Lunch @ £19.95 pp. We went about 2:45pm, it was fairly quiet. This was our first and LAST visit. We ordered cokes all round, which were priced at £2 on the menu, but we were charged £3.50 per glass, 8 cokes came to £28 a bit steep. It was only £3.40 for a pint of Guinness, 10p cheaper than a coke?? There was a cold and hot buffet to help yourself from, but not a great selection. Mashed Potatoes with chives, creamed sweet potatoes, rice, cabbage, and a few others veg and a beef & chicken stew. As for the meat, far too much fat on it, and it is cut paper thin, they slice one little bit of each meat for you, so small and thin it's hardly worth the while. If they did not tell you what it is you would have trouble tasting it. The ribs looked more like Belly Pork, so much fat, the pork was all fat, I coudn't get my knife through it. The chicken was just as hard to cut through the skin. All in all I would say I had one little bit of lamb, the rest was unpalatable. The thin slice of steak was red, I like my meat cooked well done. The price for this meal came to a total of £171, and we all came away hungry. We had to get takeaway later on that evening. Was not impressed with the food or the service. Would never go back and would never recommend to anyone. They even added a 15% service charge. Not impressed.

2  Thank Nivloce
Reviewed August 12, 2012

2nd time here cause we thought it was very good, but was very dissapointed with the service this time, am affraid it was very poor, it was difficult to get the waiters to come to our table with the meat even although we had our cards turned to green, and when they finnaly came to our table they sliced the meat which was full of fat, and was not offered a lean slice of meat, but the food was very nice once we actually got some, had high hopes for this place

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Went on a thursday night and the restaurant became very busy and noisey. Tables set very close together and thus it feels very crowded. Service is quick with skewered meat waiters coming round on a regular basis. Brazilian fayre always seems salty, so be prepared as you will feel thirsty - ask for jug of water. Also have salad bar and Brazilian dishes set out - can self serve as often as possible. meal was fine just too noisey and crowded to be at ease.

1  Thank highteas