“Best Chinese restaurant by far”
Review of The Venue - CLOSED

The Venue
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I first reviewed this restaurant last year, since then we have visited as a family a few times and had several takeaways.
The food is consistently of a high standard, piping hot and really flavoursome. The staff are so friendly and welcoming. It is a bit of a hidden gem in Newton Mearns.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

I have been to the Venue on a number of occasions and never been disappointed, the owners and staff are charming and make you feel very welcome, the food is of excellent quality, delicate and very well presented.
The menu has a large choice of starters, we usually mix and match. There is a large selection on the menu of main courses all of which are delicious. The wine range is good with wines from a number of countries on the list.
I find the prices very good considering the standards of this restaurant.
I would highly recommend the Venue, they also do rake away and home deliveries.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Just had a large take out for eight people from the venue Newton Mearns. It was not the first, but it will be the last time we will use it. Absolutely tasteless.

Don't go, there are other much better restaurants in Ayr road.

1  Thank EwingTGlasgow
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Visited the place as I was shopping in Silverburn shopping centre with my girlfriend, we found this restaurant through Tripadvisor and decided to visit there. We ordered aromatic duck for the starter as a usual routine, it has surprised me with the well balanced flavour of the sauce and the duck. Some restaurants made the sauce too sweet and weak in flavour. We order salt and pepper chicken and a satay beef on skewers, once again we were amused by the main course. The salt and pepper were cooked authentically and exceptionally different from other Chinese restaurants/takeaway. They use crispy garlic mince for better texture and flavour on salt and pepper dishes, ask for extra hot if your tongue like the challenge which is I normally ask for. The satay was also amazing, the sauce are well peanuts flavoured, balanced in term of sweetness and saltiness. I'm craving for them as I'm writing this review just now. Although the price are above average as claimed by many other reviews, I still believe it's a worth of visit since it's the best Chinese food I had nearby.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

I recently went for a family meal the food was fantastic and generous portions, the staff were very friendly and helpful