“Friendly and great food.”
Review of Ruby Palace

Ruby Palace
Ranked #984 of 2,430 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Friendly and great food.”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Been to the Ruby Palace a couple of times now as well as having the odd takeaway. Always great food and always really friendly and welcoming. I hope it's not so long till the next visit!

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank Willja
A C, Public Relations Manager at Ruby Palace, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thanks for the positive feedback, Willja. We look forward to serving you again!

“A great local restaurant”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Been going to Ruby Palace for years and we always enjoy our meal . Had a wonderful visit last night for our son's birthday and as always they couldn't have been kinder ! A birthday banner and a box of sweeties for him made his day :) . A great family run restaurant !

• Visited July 2013
Thank you for your review. It is our pleasure to be part of your family's celebrations and I hope your son enjoyed the rest of his birthday. We look forward to you and your family's next visit to the restaurant!
Glasgow
“Second lovely meal”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Our second visit on Sunday and another lovely meal, this time with completely different choices from the menu. Hot and sour soup, sweet and sour prawn, devil beef, fried rice, boiled rice and mushrooms. Absolutely lovely. We've tried a few Chinese restaurants in the area and think we're found our favourite. Hopefully the third visit will live up to the expectations. Good prices, great food and very attentive and friendly staff. We'll be back.

• Visited May 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“seriously!!”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Having read latest reviews on this place as most recent are the best to go on, ordered 2 main dishes and chips for takeaway. Chips had disintegrated just crispy batter, chicken curry looked rather dark and tasted like powder and salt, the chicken Satay was very chewy and the sauce was filled with very soft veg so clearly been reheated one too many times. Only positive thing i have to say it staff were very nice and pleasant shame about the slop.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Suzanne M
A C, Public Relations Manager at Ruby Palace, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Dear Suzanne,

Our family is concerned after reading your review that you were disappointed by your order and we would definitely not consider that to be up to our normal standards. We offer our sincerest apologies.

I would also like to say, Suzanne, if we are lucky enough to have your custom again, next time please do not hesitate to contact us immediately if a meal is less than satisfactory for you so we can show the chef the dish and pass on your comments to the kitchen staff and try to make amends where possible. We very much welcome feedback and wish to give our customers the best experience possible (and full bellies).

Sadly chinese takewaways are much like fish and chips and succumb to the downfall of not travelling very well, we aim to make our takeaways as enjoyable as the in-house experience, however, we understand it is not quite the same and in my opinion satay is a dish that is a particularly bad traveller. I would like to emphasis our satay is never reheated as satay (especially on a weekend) sells too quickly to have it ever come to the nasty, nasty fate of reheating. You may also be reassured to know my mother freshly chops the peppers and onions for satay everyday. I do understand your point though as satay is a particularly tricky dish and the coconut cream and grounded peanuts make a very thick sauce that can soften the veg when kept in a container. We have a customer who like to request their satay sauce to be in separate container from the chicken so the veg is kept crunchy and the chicken stays crispier, however, most customers do tend to prefer the chicken to soak up the sauce. In the restaurant we serve the satay on a sizzling pan, and pour the sauce over the chicken/king prawns/beef at the table, which makes a huge difference to the textures.

I am surprised by the comments on the curry as my father makes the curry from scratch and I am sorry I cannot offer you a confident explanation regarding why the curry you received was powdery. My father uses many ingredients in his curry, and I believe plain flour is one of the ingredients which may caused a powdery texture and my father does continuously mix his sauce thoroughly so all the ingredients release its flavours and then he vigilantly sieves his sauce to make sure it is smooth. On the note of colour, you are right that our curry sauce does tend to be darker then other Chinese restaurant/takeaways' curries, the latter tend to be more green/yellow in my experience, my father's sauce is not dissimilar to the brown colour of many Indian curries, but my father's curry is not very spicy. My father has taken your comments on board about salt content and will pay close attention to that.

Thank you for your positive comment on our service, and we will always strive to improve and hope we can make your next visit more enjoyable. Please notify us if you order again, and we can personally recommend other dishes from our extensive menu which may be more suitable.

Once again I am very sorry about your disappointing visit.

Kindest regards

Ruby Palace
“Great Chinese meal in southside”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We decided to try this Chinese restaurant as it's nearby and we read good reviews. My partner and I really enjoyed it. We chose the banquet for 2 and the food was superb. Best lemon chicken we've had! Great service. Would definitely recommend.

1 Thank Clarkstonj