“Value and quality” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Colne, United Kingdom
“Value and quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

Stopped Jan 2012 for 2 nights, 10 mins easy drive by car from City Centre (several routes) and within walking distance of Stepps Railway station, Good sized rooms that are set back from the main road, Good sized car park,TV modern large screen flat TV with good freeview reception, Meals between 1730 and 1830 good value, with limited choice but can pay more and get more choice, Value breakfast, Friendly staff, (all) attentive to your questions and happy to help, Modern bright rooms that are very clean, and quiet, So I will use again

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

The only reason I have not awarded the lowest possible rating is that this is a lovely hotel, having had recent refurbishment throughout. We were allocated a very nice room and all public areas are decorated to a high standard.

This is where the positives end. The only member of staff we got a smile from was one of the housekeepers in the corridor on the morning we checked out - the receptionist that checked us in was miserable, the bar staff were rude (on waiting at the bar for a drink, we were 'welcomed' by a girl who said "yes I can get you a drink but I'm still waiting on my dinner break") and the breakfast staff couldn't have cared less (walked past our dirty plates 3 or 4 times).

To top it off, when we tried to leave, we discovered our car that had been left in the hotel car park over night had had one of it's tyres slashed, along with 9 others. In hindsight, we were lucky as only one of ours had been damaged, but other cars had all 4 tyres slashed. The hotel accepted no responsibility and had no surveillance, and although the police were called, they only took everyone's details in the event of an insurance claim.

So all in all, a very expensive and below average stay. Won't be back and wouldn't recommend.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Lindsey H
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

From check in to check out this hotel was excellent. The staff were all very welcoming and friendly and made for a great night. The food and rooms were of a high standard and did
Scotland proud. The Hogmanay ball was a night to remember and the build up to the bells was great. I enjoyoyed the piper at midnight and the overall entertainment was just right, There was a good mix of young and old ( no children ) and I understand this hotel does not have to advertise their Hogmanay ball due to word of mouth. Having experienced it I can understand why. One small comment - I would like to have heard "Auld Lang Syne" at the end after the fun "Bonnie Banks " routine, but all in all still a great night,

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

Stayed at this hotel during the hurricane in Scotland. When I arrived it had been snowing and as I stepped out the car a lovely man came out and carried my bags up to my room while I checked in. Staff were very friendly and the food is excellent.
The rooms are very clean and well decorated with a lovely bath and shower.
I stayed for 4 nights overall and it was excellent I would definitoey stay there again and recommend you give it a try.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Sutton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

I stayed just one night in the hotel and arrived late. I checked in and the receptionist was friendly and chatty. She helped me solve my main concern which was how I could get to my meeting the next day very nearby. What she actually arranged for me was a real surprise, the General Manager himself took me over. A lovely gentleman.

My room was very comfortable, clean and the staff friendly at breakfast. The poached eggs I ordered were perfectly cooked.

Thank you so much and I am looking forward to coming back next year

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

Had our Christmas party at the Garfield and I have to say what a superb night we had. A big thank you to all the staff and management for making it probably the best Christmas party we have had. The service was excellent always with a smile, the food served was warm and extremely tasty. I also stayed over and the room that we had was spacious and very clean. The next morning i went for a much needed breakfast which again had the same high standard as the night before. Speaking to all our party they all had a great time and want to book again for next year. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and so would all the staff at my company !

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Dumfries, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

We stayed at this hotel while visiting glasgow for some christmas shopping..... It is ideally located ten minute drive from town centre with free parking.
Would thoroughly recommend the hotel and restaurant, nice atmosphere, very clean, and good friendly service.
Hotel has a boutique feel and is far better than 3 star rating.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple