“East Asian Selection”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We have eaten in this restaurant more than a dozen times in the last three years or so, most recently last week. It is convenient for us as we can walk there – no worries about breathalysers. An addition to the original Thai and Chinese cuisine in the last year or so is a selection of Japanese dishes. Whatever dishes we have tried have been at least good, and some excellent, like the duck (breast) in plum sauce, or king prawn chow mein. Starters of king prawn butterflied in breadcrumbs or tempura batter are good, as is the crab meat and sweet corn soup. When we have paid a visit, we wonder why we don't go there more often. The only little niggle is that prawn crackers are served after you have ordered or even after the first course is served; so, if you want to have a nibble with a drink while you peruse the menu, ask for them to be served first. Overall, good food, well presented at a reasonable price.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

We have visited this restaurant for lunch several times. Always find good service and very nice food. I usually enjoy the thai option whilst my husband likes the chinese curry - very very hot sauce. I had once and was far too spicy for me ! Not a complaint, just a friendly warning ! We keep going back, and it is quite a distance away from us, so that says something !

Reviewed May 25, 2014

Ordered a takeaway and tried the sweet chilli crispy shredded chicken, Singapore noodles and beef curry. Crispy shredded chicken was very disappointing... first it had no sweetness at all. It was like the chef forgot to add the sugar or some missing key ingredient. As a result.. it tasted bland and was a touch too salty. What was also bad was the chicken was not crispy at all... either the chicken was soaked in the sauce too long or it was not fresh because it was a touch gloopy. Singapore noodle... this wasn't bad although a touch spicy. Same with the beef curry... it was a touch spicy and I think they went for heat rather than flavour which was a shame. The curry wasn't bad do not get me wrong but it could have been better. I am actually Chinese brn and bred in Leeds and have sampled a lot of Chinese takeaways - you want to taste the basics to see if they are ok .. i.e can they do a good curry beef, a good sweet-and-sour and decent rice and noodles. I'm not sure what the eating-in experience is like but the takeaway was not so good. Especially the shredded chicken. If I did not live so far away I would have actually taken it back and made the chef try it. It's like they never tasted the sauce themselves. Such a shame.

1  Thank hungrybbc
Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

I ate here recently with a group of friends. The restaurant was quite quiet, which was surprising, considering how good the food was, and very good value, too. Strongly recommended.

Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Friendly and courteous staff coupled with delicious food and smart surroundings made this a lovely meal out.