“Poor service”

Yesbar
Ranked #128 of 2,490 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Pizza, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Retro Italian Caffe/BarGlasgow's Biggest and Da Best Pizzas (served by the metre) Prosecco on Tap.Great range of continental Beers on Tap.
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Went in before going to a comedy night with my wife due to the terrible service had to leave as soon as we had ate due to waiting over 45 mins for a pizza and when I enquirer about how much longer we would wait for our food the young man serving rolled his eyes and couldn't care less then proceeded stare across at us as we ate our average pizza . Could be doing with a good clean as well . Won't be back

4  Thank ajb1975

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We were here on a deal.....starter.....half meter of pizza and entrance to the comedy club for £10...(for 2 people)...We both had bruschetta to stary with which was fresh and tasty....The pizza which followed was great...We has half pepperoni...half hawian...It was delicious....lovely thin crispy base...Staff were very friendly and helpfull...We then ventured downstairs to the comedy club...There were seven female comics and all were very good.....Would recommend and will be going back very soon.....xx

1  Thank fi0nawilkes22
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The deal was a starter, 1/2 metre of pizza and a ticket for the comedy show for 2 people for £10

Group of six of us so we bough three vouchers and they were happy to take the three vouchers in one booking. The staff were cheerful and friendly - perhaps a little rushed off their feet for the number of people in the downstairs venue, but we were in no rush so this didn't really affect us.

The starters were fine, the pizza's were superb. They catered to our requests of half and half on each pizza so we could mix and match between everyone and try what we wanted.

One issue was the tables were a little small, and due to the place being very full we had bar style seats which weren't the best for eating.

The comedy was average - not really anything to do with the actual venue but it was worthwhile.

Overall had an enjoyable evening, would go again for food and drinks, perhaps with the deal as otherwise it may seem a little dear, but overall enjoyable.

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

I must admit one of the best pizzas I have had. My wife had pasta and she told me it was lovely and actually made from fresh pasta. The service was good too, first class.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Had an Itison deal so to be fair it was a very inexpensive meal. The website makes the restaurant/bar look very quirky and trendy and at night I can see it might appeal to a young crowd but in the day time it just looked like a rather shabby bar in a narrow street with views on to large, commercial kerbside bins. We booked for 1.30p.m.on a Tueday and it was all but empty.One other couple and a couple of guys at the bar downstairs. We had window seats with windows wide open and it was still warm and muggy although not particularly hot outside.The barman /waiter who served us throughout was very pleasant and welcoming.We decided to share a pizza and tomato risotto.I found the risotto to be a bit heavy on the sauce and not particularly hot, in fact lukewarm but then the plate was cold. The pizza was just ok with too much dried seasoning.I found myself looking longingly across at Carluccio's where we adjourned for coffee but I guess you get what you pay for. The owners have obviously tried hard and I wish them every success which I'm sure they will have with the youngsters in the evenings and at weekends but Vespbar is just not for me. We were just passing through from Stirling and stopped for lunch but if we had gone up to Glasgow especially for lunch I would have been very disappointed.

1  Thank annebryceland