“A little gem!”

Yesbar
Ranked #107 of 2,429 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Pizza, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Retro Italian Caffe/BarGlasgow's Biggest and Da Best Pizzas (served by the metre) Prosecco on Tap.Great range of continental Beers on Tap.
“A little gem!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Great little place. Great food and service. The comedy shows are a must. Been numerous times, never disappoints!

“Poor pasta”
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Visited today with voucher deal. Read tripsdvisor prior to visit and was expecting better than what we experienced.a shame as staff were friendly.pizza was good but pasta was awful.sauce was tasty but taglitelle came congealed on plate( i could stick my fork in and hold the whole lot up).i never experienced that before.by what I had left on the plate I think the staff weren't keen on taking our plates away.we waited for twenty minutes and left as I felt embarrassed for them and not the waiting staff fault.im afraid I can't recommend but i hope the pasta improves (or take it off the menu) as I feel this place has the potential for better.sorry

1 Thank Mrcpych
vespbar, Owner at Yesbar, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Hi mrcpych, thanks firstly for trying us out and secondly for giving us some feedback.

Glad to hear the staff were friendly and the pizza was good, but obviously some has gone badly wrong on the pasta front!! At Vespbar we pride ourselves in the fact that we make the the great majority of the menu fresh in house, this includes our bread, pizza dough and pasta. It is possible that this batch of fresh pasta hadn't been sufficiently died out, or there has been an accidental deviation from our house recipe.

If you could let me know the date and time you were in and I can investigate this further.

If you'd like to give us another try, I'll ensure you get the real Vespbar experience. You can contact me directly at jim@vespbar.com

My sincere apologies.

Jim
Airdrie, United Kingdom
“First time there will be back”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Visited the bar last night ahead of the Stone Roses Gig in Glasgow.

With 50,000 people in town for the gig just about every bar and cafe in Glasgow City Centre was busy and Vespbar was no exception.

When we went in luckily there was a table by the window free and we hadn't sat for long before a member of staff came and wiped the table and instantly made us feel welcome.

We ordered a round of drinks and got the Menus which while some may say are not extensive it is just right for the kind of place it is.

Pizzas were really good, authentic thin base and crust and plenty toppings (Chicken and Sausage were our choices.) and a hefty portion of Lasagne served.

Another couple of rounds and we settled our tab which was again pleasantly surprising.

Overall a great experience one which I will happily repeat.

2 Thank Ali_ML1
“No more than a Pub”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Went on a voucher deal. If you think your going fine dining? Forget It!! Italian food in a pub. The food is OK. Minestrone soup I had? Tomatoes and finely chopped vegetables with NO pasta in? Always thought Minestrone soup contained pasta, dictionary agrees! My friends had pate or squid. all thought OK. Mains mostly pizzas of different types, again alright, I tried the rissotto, tasty and boy was it rich and very filling. All in all I would say food alright but nothing to rave over, seating a bit cramped. Girl who did the waitressing single handed was very good.

• Visited May 2013
bellshill
“nice vibe”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

i had a voucher for either pizza or pasta so went for a day out in the town with my fiance and i was not disapointed i had a lovely pasta dish which was definetly home made lovely stuff while my fiance had the pizza which again was topclass would defo recomend to any one going out in Glasgow for something to eat or even just a drink.

• Visited May 2013