“A lot of food”

Ranked #6 of 46 Dessert in Glasgow
Cuisines: American, Italian, Scottish, Grill
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Open since 1931, The Brooklyn Café has served its fair share of customers. With an American/Italian menu in the restaurant patrons can choose from plenty of classics from a freshly rolled pizza to full rack of babyback ribs and everything in between!Leaving with a smile on your face is a safe bet though as the homemade Ice-Cream has been a massive hit and is made daily on site. With more experience than most of the the surrounding eateries put together the Brooklyn café know how to keep everyone happy.
Glasgow
“A lot of food”
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

I bought the groupon deal for pulled pork sandwiches for here. The girl serving was lovely, v.polite couldn't do enough. There wasnt any music and the place was quite quiet as it was a monday night so not much in the way of atmosphere.
We sat at a booth and the table was a bit sticky.
We both ordered the chicken wings to start and they werd very tasty but there was 8 of them!!! Huge starter.
We both went for the 300g pulled pork sandwich, it was nice, again massive portion, both took half our plates hone as did most of the people in the place. We took our own drinks as corkage was v.reasonable. all in all it was ok, would probably go for breakfast but not dinner

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Good meal and great service. Need to do something about the flies though...”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

In on Saturday with a Wowcher deal, the place was pretty quiet and we were seated at the foot of the stairs.

Ordered our starter (Two corn on the cob) and we both opted for the 300g pulled pork bun with sides of mac n cheese and chips. The food was delicious and plentiful.

Service was great, the 2 servers were very friendly and helpful without being pushy at all.

The only downside was having to walk through the crowd of flies buzzing around at the toilet area upstairs and also noticing that flies were crawling over the pastries that were uncovered out at the main counter.

Broxburn, United Kingdom
“brooklyn cafe”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

went on the group on deal with my partner and I have to the the service was very pleasant and efficient, the food was good chicken wings very much to my taste meat fell off the bone, we both had the pulled pork bun with chips and mac and cheese and the portions were plentiful, however if they had used hand cut chips double fried instead of catering pack chips a bit flavourless I would have given the meal a higher rating not a bad experience by any means bit small things make the difference, we shall return

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Good US Style Food”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

As a big fan of Man Vs Food style american food, I had to try this place and I was impressed.

Chicken wings as a starter were lovely and they were very generous with their portions, also had a nice pulled pork roll with fries coleslaw and mac n cheese. The only thing I'd say is they should put on it or offer BBQ sauce for the pulled pork.

Staff were helpful and friendly and we got mint aero cheesecake to take away, which was excellent.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Yipeekaya
Glasgow
“Service with an attitude, good food if a bit overpriced.”
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Sitting at lunchtime at the Brooklyn and I was shocked at the service I received from what I presume was the manager.
He was training a very polite new member of staff (infact it was his 1st day) and the way he spoke to that boy was nothing short of disgraceful.
He was curt and clipped to the customers and seemed 'stressed out' when the cafe was not busy so no need to be.
I really like the food here and it's convenient but I don't know how quickly I'll be returning as his attitude to that guy was THAT bad.

Also, please sort those toilets out!! BOALK!!

• Visited May 2013