“Best ribs in Scotland”

Ranked #4 of 48 Dessert in Glasgow
Cuisines: American, Italian, Scottish, Grill
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Open since 1931, The Brooklyn Café has served its fair share of customers. With an American/Italian menu in the restaurant patrons can choose from plenty of classics from a freshly rolled pizza to full rack of babyback ribs and everything in between!Leaving with a smile on your face is a safe bet though as the homemade Ice-Cream has been a massive hit and is made daily on site. With more experience than most of the the surrounding eateries put together the Brooklyn café know how to keep everyone happy.
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I came here with a groupon for their pulled pork. My partner decided to upgrade to a full rack of ribs for an extra £3. BOY. That £3 was well worth it!

Not that the pulled pork wasn't amazing, as it was, but the ribs were mega. No cutlery was required at all.

The ice cream is lovely too. Although save yourself a couple of quid by buying yourself some for your walk home at a much cheaper price than table service.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Usually just get takeaway breakfast but been in on e or twice for lunch. Nice food and don't pay over the odds.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We visited Brooklyn Cafe for some lunch as we had got a groupon deal to try it. I have heard good things about Brooklyn Cafe and thought I would sample it for myself. The starter we had - wedges and cheese- was very nice and was filling. The deal included pulled pork roll with chips and for some strange reason macaroni and ham. We opted to change the latter part of it as we thought it would be a bit too much with this on it. Although the portion was large the food was okay, it was average cafe food that is overpriced. I'm glad we didn't pay full price for it as it really is expensive considering it only is a cafe.
Overall not a very positive experience on visiting the brooklynn cafe, it was cold and the waiter was rather abrupt.

Definitely was hoping for something better.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Visited today with a friend and the food and service were great but we couldn't wait to get out of the cafe to get a heat. We wanted coffee but just couldn't sit in the cold any longer. We'll go back but in the summer

Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Friend treated me to lunch here today, food fresh and tasty, although I'd say the chicken wings should be deep fried after cooking to make the skin crispy but that's just my preference. Great portions and very tasty, but the place was ICE COLD, so much in fact we had to leave to get a heat or we would have loved to stay for a coffee and bit of homemade lemon drizzle cake.
Sort out your heating and we shall return.