“Overpriced backstreet cafe.”

Ranked #6 of 46 Dessert in Glasgow
Cuisines: American, Italian, Scottish, Grill
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Open since 1931, The Brooklyn Café has served its fair share of customers. With an American/Italian menu in the restaurant patrons can choose from plenty of classics from a freshly rolled pizza to full rack of babyback ribs and everything in between!Leaving with a smile on your face is a safe bet though as the homemade Ice-Cream has been a massive hit and is made daily on site. With more experience than most of the the surrounding eateries put together the Brooklyn café know how to keep everyone happy.
“Overpriced backstreet cafe.”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We visited Brooklyn Cafe for some lunch as we had got a groupon deal to try it. I have heard good things about Brooklyn Cafe and thought I would sample it for myself. The starter we had - wedges and cheese- was very nice and was filling. The deal included pulled pork roll with chips and for some strange reason macaroni and ham. We opted to change the latter part of it as we thought it would be a bit too much with this on it. Although the portion was large the food was okay, it was average cafe food that is overpriced. I'm glad we didn't pay full price for it as it really is expensive considering it only is a cafe.
Overall not a very positive experience on visiting the brooklynn cafe, it was cold and the waiter was rather abrupt.

Definitely was hoping for something better.

• Visited February 2013

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Take a blanket with you”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Visited today with a friend and the food and service were great but we couldn't wait to get out of the cafe to get a heat. We wanted coffee but just couldn't sit in the cold any longer. We'll go back but in the summer

Paisley
“Great voucher bargain!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Friend treated me to lunch here today, food fresh and tasty, although I'd say the chicken wings should be deep fried after cooking to make the skin crispy but that's just my preference. Great portions and very tasty, but the place was ICE COLD, so much in fact we had to leave to get a heat or we would have loved to stay for a coffee and bit of homemade lemon drizzle cake.
Sort out your heating and we shall return.

Glasgow
“Amazing Breakfast and Grill in one..”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I love the Brooklyn café, you cant beat their breakfasts at the weekend, the place is normally full but hey will get you in and get you fed as if its second nature.
I took a few friends to get a breakfast before we went away for the weekend last weekend and they all went against my recommendations and went for their new grill menu.
At first i thought they would be disappointed when they saw my big breakfast coming but instead i found myself in awe when there grill came,
I still loved my breakfast but will be returning this week to try the grill. two of them went for pork and one for ribs and none of them could stop raving about it.
The service as always was great considering how busy it was and when my friend asked about their license they told us about the byob policy they operate so we will be back of an evening to try that out soon :)

Can't recommend this place enough, bit out the way of mainstream shawlands but worth the extra walk

Visited February 2013
1 Thank fiona g
Glasgow
“Food - average and overpriced, service - unprofessional”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I ate here last weekend and I was not impressed.

Our food ok. Poorly presented and delivered with a similar attitude but was ok.
Scampie and chips - Unfortunately the best thing about this was the chunky home made tartar. I even asked for more.
Steak chiabata - Again, plesent but served with no care or desire to please.

The Dining area was FREEZING. Visibly, 7 other tables had either their Jackets on or a scarf or both.
The staff did not appear to have been trained ..... properly. Infact, my glass of water was put on my table by a member or staff reaching her arm round the corner between the 2 sections ( as my table was right by the opening between the 2 areas) - You can't make this stuff up.

As i recall, our server, as she asked for our order, instantly started counting heads in the dining area and ignored our answers. Terrible.
I really cannot recommend this cafe to anyone.

• Visited January 2013