“Great selection and value for money.”
Review of Chukoku - CLOSED

Chukoku
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night
Description: With an all-you-can-eat buffet.
Reviewed December 10, 2013

This the FEAST WORLD BUFFET at Chukoku. Friendly and helpful staff. £14.99 standard adult charge. £11.50 OAPs. Reasonably priced and pleasant wines. The range of food is fantastic - suit all tastes. We were in a group of about fifty!! and most people were very impressed with the restaurant and food. Will go back again. Only one slight niggle - trying to work out where everything was, dish signage was maybe not best presented and located. Or maybe because there was such a choice, you didn't know where to look!!! :-)

Reviewed December 1, 2013

This buffet restaurant has recently been refurbished and what an amazing job they have done. Great selection of food including Chinese, Thai, Mexican, Indian, European, Italian, Spanish, Teppanyake grill and Japanese. The new layout and bowl style hot food holders with lids make this restaurant a real competitor with the surrounding buffet restaurants. The wide selection of food tastes great and is piping hot. Sushi and dim sum and tom yum soup are great, sushi is fresh and rice a bit sticky as it should be, much better than Yo. There is also a great fruit bar and other soups to start with. The dessert counter has a massive selection of desserts including cake, cheesecake, jelly, mini cakes and muffins, to name but a few. An ice cream machine.

Adults £13.99 Mon - Thu and £14.99 Fri - Sun
OAP's £10.50 Mon - Thu and £11.50 Fri - Sun
Chidren under 140cm £7.00 Mon -Thu and £7.50 Fri - Sun

They also have the Chinese fondue which again is buffet style, this also allows you to help yourself from the other buffet at no extra charge. £17.99 12-4 and £18.99 5-10.30.

My mum and I have been visiting this restaurant with my daughter regularly for a long time and we are amazed with the development of the restaurant. The food is fantastic and i would not visit any other buffet restaurant of this type in Glasgow as this place beats them all hands down.

Great value for money in excellent modern setting. Staff are fantastic and are only too keen to make your visit pleasant.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

The reason i kept on coming back here is because of the sushi..but I have noticed on my recent visit they dont serve the sushi anymore, when chukoku was newly opened, It was much better, with their mongolian bbq. They then charged £14.99 for a grand buffet every weekend, which i do not mind. The last time my friend and I went in August, they only charged us £8.99 per head.

There are still good selection of sea food, like the squid, crabs, prawns and mussels, I love the crabs and the duck rolls.

The service was not great, cos its a buffet, but the problem is that the food attendant couldnt understand us, she gave us wrong drinks, then when i ordered a pot of green tea, she gave me one cup, when i was requesting for another cup, cos the tea pot was quite big and its too much for me, she said, i will get charged for another tea pot, so instead of getting charge we thought we will just order another tea pot, she came back with another cup.

I am not being racist, because i am asian too...but we just couldnt be bothered arguing as we do not see the point cos she wouldnt understand anyway.

I will recommend this If you love sea food. Yes its a good place and food wasnt that bad. Just come around 7pm when everything is freshly made perhaps?

1  Thank CeceM476
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I went to this restaurant with a couple of friends on a Saturday night, when we arrived we where told it was going to be £12.99 so I turned round to make sure my friends where ok with this price -as you do. We where sat in secluded area near the toilet where food was splattered up the wall and basically looked like it needs a good wash. We proceeded none the less to go up to the buffet which we disgusted at, there was cold, uncooked and left over food all over the buffet. I felt that this is unacceptable especially for the price. So I made a complaint to the waitress who then passed it on to one of her colleagues. The other lady then walked over with a horrible attitude asking "what's the problem" I told her we aren't happy to pay for this she then stated you should have told us at the very beginning,so I said how are you suppose to know what the foods like if you don't try it ?! She then cheekily insisted that she would only be willing to give us a small discount. She then started throwing accusations that we hesitated at the beginning because I asked my friends if they where ok to pay £12.99. I will not be going back here. Go to the china buffet king instead much better for value for money and less chance of food poisoning from uncooked food !!!!!!!!

1  Thank Laura M
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We had been to a show & were looking for a meal around 4.30pm. They had on offer 2 Soups, 32 hot meals, salad + fruit bar, Mr Whippy + mini pastries. You could eat as much as you wanted. Kids under 5 Free and Kids 5 - 10 1/2 price. It was mobbed with many Nationalities, but, a lot of Japanese/Chinese, so, it proved to be an excellent choice and we would return again. I lifted some Flyers to hand out to some of my friends...... EILEEN
Also, only cost £7 each as we are Seniors.