“A little gem of a restaurant”
Review of Sapori D'Italia

Sapori D'Italia
Ranked #176 of 2,490 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Thank You for review this business. We will always do our best for our customers.
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Visiting my son at uni in Glasgow with my mum and was looking for somewhere to go for a meal which we would all enjoy. All I can say is that the reviews were spot on. Our table was ready and waiting for us. Although it was a busy Friday night, we were never made to feel hurried. The ambiance is great with friendly, welcoming staff who explained the specials clearly and were very attentive without being annoying. My son liked it so much he wants to go back for his graduation celebration.

1  Thank kwest17

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Although a 10 Pound cab ride from downtown, it is well worth special detour to enjoy a meal here.
The four of us were amazed at the quality and wonderful taste of the food. Service was excellent- the smooth Sicilian wines made it all the better. A neighboring diner, noticing our American and Canadian accents, wondered how on earth we found this place. I told him "Trip Advisor"! Suggest reservations as they are frequently fully booked and the restaurant seats only about 25.
The three course pre-theatre menu at 12.95 is a real bargain.

1  Thank Steve32480
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

A great little place with an intimate atmosphere.

The set menu is great value and the food is probably the most authentic Italian food I've tasted in Glasgow.

All in a highly recommended restaurant in the South Side.

1  Thank DerekS-Glasgow
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

When out for a meal I like good food, good atmosphere and good value for money and Saporia D'Italia ticked all these boxes. We had 3 courses, wine and everything was excellent. The staff were happy to serve and helpful without being too intrusive. I'll definitely be back and be reccommending it to friends and family!!

1  Thank Karipops
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Tried a couple of times to eat here but hadn't made it until today, wish I'd made a better effort before because this is without doubt the best authentic Italian food I have tried since being back in Glasgow. Small, cozy feeling , packets of pasta and cans of olive oil on shelves lining the dining area make you feel like you're sitting in Mamma's kitchen! The staff were extremely friendly and welcoming and the waiter recommended two brilliant dishes, firstly a starter of potato and bean soup with smoky ham pieces through it, served with fresh crusty bread...I could easily have asked for a second portion....absolutely brilliant. The main course was gnocchi with Italian sausage, again an absolute stunner of a dish. Nice little touch is you can order a glass of house wine with 2 slices of garlic bread for £2.75...great price and perfect to accompany the meal. The house wine was very good quality and the whole meal for two came to under £22, no room for a dessert because portion sizes were ample. Great wholesome, rustic Italian food....can't wait to go back and try something else from the menu. This place must
fill quickly at the weekends so definitely advisable to book a table in advance.

3  Thank AlanR186