“So cosey & absolutely fantastic...”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sapori D'Italia

Sapori D'Italia
Ranked #142 of 2,393 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Thanks to everyone for the reviews ....With our simplicity we only try to keep our cuisine authentic and traditional. There is not expects refined service, but definitely a warm Welcome and a great atmosphere..... and good Lasagne!Thank You!
Glasgow
“So cosey & absolutely fantastic...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

As soon as I walked in, the atmosphere was so cosy and welcoming. Food was simple but absolutely fantastic. My husband is a very fussy eater and he enjoyed every single bit. Fantastic night. We sat & drank for an hour or so after our meal without feeling we had to leave. Amazing!!!

2 Thank Nicolecossar

Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
“Poor, shouldn't be rated so highly.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere in the restaurant is good as it's small, warm, busy and the staff are very friendly. This should serve great authentic italian food but it doesn't.

To start with I had the goats cheese with red peppers and my partner had the bruschetta.
Two very simple starters to make, however, the quality was below average. The goats cheese had turned the bread soggy and the bruschetta was toasted, however, stone cold and the bread was hard.

For the mains we had spaghetti bolognese and my partner had lasagne. From the position we were seated I could see directly in to the kitchen and the chef was microwave daft. Without exaggerating it was constant. My spaghetti bolognese was ok, no real criticism there but my partners lasagne contained very little mince and was very dry with far too much cheese. We got garlic bread with cheese on the side which was cold and the cheese on top hadn't melted. Basically a sliced white loaf of bread with grated cheese on top.

We never bothered staying for desert as the food hadn't been great and also the carrot cake on offer, which I could see in the fridge, was from Costco. This retails for £7.99 and you get around 16 slices (anyone who's bought this will know what I'm talking about, its very distinctive) They were selling it around the £4 mark (Don't recall the exact price). Extremely poor for a "top end" italian and definitely won't go back.

5 Thank ChefBoy69
Sapori d, Owner at Sapori D'Italia, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Your name says all "CHEF BOY 69", ...first review on TA?

1) Microwaves are made to be used, nothing wrong I see! ...made to re-heat Lasagne that have been made fresh in the morning! We don't do ready meal, we do fresh meal, Horse meat free!

2)We don't melt cheese, we are not a take away style food.

3) How do you know our carrot cake is around 4 pound if you never had a dessert...? ...is NOT 4 Pounds anyway.

4) Your bruschetta was cold? we don't serve hot bruschetta!

5)Enjoy your many other experience in others places.
“Superb as always”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Back here for the 4th time in as many months and it's not often enough! We took the mothers this time for mothers day lunch and as always the food was outstanding and the staff were excellent. This place is small and very popular so you really should book in advance!

London, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

I visited Sapori d'Italia with some friends, I can truly say that the breakfast that they served was one of the best I have ever had, wonderfully cooked by really friendly staff. Lovely coffee also!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Will W
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Sapori D'Italia WOW”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Had Dinner there on Mothers Day and must say had the best Anti-pasta ever (Sharing Platter). The food was amazing and so fresh and authentic. Staff are excellent and make you very welcome.

• Visited March 2013