“Deal or No Deal”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Nachos

Nachos
Reserve with OpenTable
Nachos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #487 of 2,392 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Mexican, South American, Central American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Deal or No Deal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Ok I'll start with the positive bits! We got a warm welcome and were served quickly. Really quickly! I hadn't dithered over the menu long enough! The server allowed my companion to have nachos although these weren't part of the choices so fair play. The food was nice and portions a good size.
The restaurant decor is a bit basic really, the atmosphere felt a bit strained despite the jaunty tunes. There were a few people in most of whom seemed to be on a voucher deal like us. Ah yes,- the voucher. Everything was ok with the food. Service was prompt with none of the usual niceties and we had to ask for sauce etc.
The voucher deal was for 2 cocktails, 2 starters, 2 mains and 2 sides of chips or rice. For the main I had chicken enchilada which came with rice and my companion opted for sizzling chicken fajitas which came with wraps and dips like you would expect them to. She ordered chips as her side but I didn't bother as mine was coming with rice. We had our cocktail then ordered a beer each. When the bill came the voucher hadn't been deducted so I went to the till and explained and the new bill was presented. It had the 2 beers on it, and the chips. I explained that our voucher includes 2 sides but the server argued that the tortillas and the dips for the fajitas were in fact the sides. Really? Surely that's not fajitas without the wraps etc- that's a stir fry! Like I said, the restaurant was fairly busy by this point so rather than argue the point like frankly, I usually would, I conceded and said ok that's fine. Their loss though as the £3 they took for the chips came of the tip.
I've mentioned this before about vouchers but are you really getting a deal with them? I'm starting to feel like you get treated begrudgingly because they already have the money? I think restaurant owners need to have a look at their bank statements and remember that voucher or not we all deserve good service! Jury is out on whether or not I would return to nachos.

1 Thank Cheech2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Will be back soon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

I went to eat at Nachos with 3 friends of mine and we were all very pleased with what we got to say the least. The atmosphere was very nice, with salsa music playing at the back. The staff was very friendly and attentive and the food was great. I would seriously recommend the "chicken burrito" for a main course. We went in at around 8 yesterday and the place was fully packed. Will definitely be back soon. Thanks Nachos !

1 Thank Pedro R
Largs, United Kingdom
“spicy but nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

Had read some pretty awful reviews but have absolutely no complaints about our meal. A living social deal for nachos fajitas and cocktails. Great value. Nachos were delicious. Strips of beef rather than minced beef. Tasty chicken and chorizo rain fajitas. But beware really spicy. Not for the fainthearted. and excellent margaritas. Will definitely visit again

“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

We bought a groupon voucher for this fantastic place but are now going to make a point of going back! The food is great; very mexican kitchen! The decor is a combination of over the top flamenco, to mexican rustic! We were made very welcome and the service was fantastic! The prices are very reasonable and the portions are ample! The owner makes the most spectacular margueritas this side of Tiajuana! Will be recommending this place to everyone!

• Visited May 2014
East Kilbride, United Kingdom
“Great Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

I went to Nachos last night with my sister - we had a Living Social voucher for 1 starter of Nachos to share, fajitas for main course and 2 glasses of wine for £20. I must admit I was a bit wary about going after reading some of the reviews (after I bought the voucher!) Couldn't smell anything bad walking up the stairs - as mentioned in a previous review! Friendly guy seated us and explained what we could have from the menu. Some things were extra but that was explained. We both had a glass of rose wine which was lovely - not like some house wines which taste like vinegar! We got beef nachos which were lovely and lots of it. Chicken fajitas which were sizzling and spicy - lovely again. For dessert we had Mexican Churros which i'd never had before. They are like a sweet fritter which you dip in chocolate. These took a while to come as they were being freshly made but the waiter came over a couple of times to keep us informed so there wasn't a problem. They were delicious! The staff were friendly and attentive and the place was busy with a good atmosphere. We didn't feel rushed and enjoyed eating there. Make up your own mind and don't go by the negative reviews.

1 Thank Purplesuzie1